wait-listed

I like the new Malta, Morocco & the Med itinerary. I'd prefer to book for early 2025, but both scheduled sailings show as sold out.

I have an upcoming trip planned for Viking Ocean and would like to book something on board. So my question for the forum is ... can I both book wait-listed for one or both of the sold out cruises, and a later one that is not sold out? Or is that frowned upon since there's no way I would sail on both if I cleared the wait-list?

1 hour ago, Band in San Diego said:

I like the new Malta, Morocco & the Med itinerary. I'd prefer to book for early 2025, but both scheduled sailings show as sold out.

I have an upcoming trip planned for Viking Ocean and would like to book something on board. So my question for the forum is ... can I both book wait-listed for one or both of the sold out cruises, and a later one that is not sold out? Or is that frowned upon since there's no way I would sail on both if I cleared the wait-list?

Maybe things have changed, but I've never been able to book a wait list on a Viking Ocean cruise.  (Note this is different than a GTY cabin - which is guaranteed room)  Let us know if you were able to do so.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Maybe things have changed, but I've never been able to book a wait list on a Viking Ocean cruise.  (Note this is different than a GTY cabin - which is guaranteed room)  Let us know if you were able to do so.

My apologies, I assumed they did ... and you know what that means. 😵‍💫

My guess was that they did this especially since there are so many $25 deposit bookings.

I will come back and give you an update after booking on board.

Yeah, I don't think that there is a wait list.  We have asked before and been told no.

When you are on board talk to the Viking sales rep and be honest with what you are trying to do.  This is their thing - they should know if anyone does.

The other thing is to keep checking back - every day or every few days - on the bookings you are interested in.  People drop off at anytime from these bookings.