Returning to Cruising

8 hours ago, Lee Jones Jnr said:

It didn't really occur to me earlier, but body lotion and face cloths? Is this really a thing that many people care about?

As someone else said in this thread, the face cloths are useful to wipe splashes around the outside of the sink after use. I also carry a few j-cloths for this purpose just in case they are not provided.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lee Jones Jnr said:

It didn't really occur to me earlier, but body lotion and face cloths? Is this really a thing that many people care about?

Some do and some don't.

I think the point is that in themselves these are minor issues but when multiple minor issues occur then they start to become a major issue.

The other point is that new cruisers don't miss what they have never had so it is not a problem but when things that the new cruiser has been getting stop then that will become a problem to them.

• Like 9

On 3/29/2024 at 4:38 PM, jaydee6969 said:

I will report back next week, boarding Iona tomorrow.

On Iona now. Just requested and received body lotion, face cloths and conditioner. No problems here. 

IMG_2224.jpeg

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Have a fantastic time

Cheers Andy. We always do on Iona. 

We just had an enhanced muster drill. Everyone to attend muster station and scan cruise cards at 4.45. No life jackets required. 

Bedlam after with pax trying to get lifts back up. No problem for us, down to Anderson’s to have my sail away champagne and the better half the lavender bramble. 

IMG_2225.jpeg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

As someone else said in this thread, the face cloths are useful to wipe splashes around the outside of the sink after use. I also carry a few j-cloths for this purpose just in case they are not provided.

Use the towel.

25 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

We just had an enhanced muster drill. Everyone to attend muster station and scan cruise cards at 4.45. No life jackets required. 

Bedlam after with pax trying to get lifts back up. No problem for us, down to Anderson’s to have my sail away champagne and the better half the lavender bramble. 

IMG_2225.jpeg

Have a fantastic cruise! Love Iona 💕 Andersons is a favourite of ours!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

On Iona now. Just requested and received body lotion, face cloths and conditioner. No problems here. 

IMG_2224.jpeg

Have a great cruise……

• Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 7:59 AM, paulscott said:

We've been cruising for about 12 years or so, mostly on P&O and Princess, occasionally Cunard. We were quite happy with P&O and we're Atlantic tier, so reasonably regulars.

All cruise lines have cut back on things and gone down market to some extent.  The pandemic was an expensive hit for them and they are coming back as best as they can.

If you cruised with Princess prior to 2017 it is worthwhile phoning Carnival House and speaking to the Princess Captains Loyalty Team and find out your status as P&O cruises were also included in their tally prior to 2017.

In my opinion Princess have not gone as far down market as other lines.

Regards John

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2024 at 5:48 PM, jaydee6969 said:

IMG_2225.jpeg

Very wise, never try to use the lifts after a full drill. Nearest bar and drinkies time.

😎😎😎

Gan Canny

Dai

• Like 5

On 3/30/2024 at 5:50 PM, zap99 said:

Use the towel.

On 4/1/2024 at 11:58 AM, Bazrat said:

Don’t be a heathen

I'm far more common. I use the toilet roll!

• Haha 2

On 4/7/2024 at 9:57 AM, happy v said:

I'm far more common. I use the toilet roll!

I must be in the gutter then because I don’t wipe the sink down after every face or hand wash… but then I can’t think I particularly make much of a mess. Maybe I’m not doing it right 😂

• Haha 3