Junior Suites

Junior Suites don't get Concierge service, but Diamond members do, no matter what cabin they are in. I still wish we had a JS for the space and the tub, but on an 11 night cruise we couldn't justify the cost. Our friends will have an aft JS on Serenade, I had not seen photos before. They look very nice!:D

Do a search on "concierge" on the RCCL board, it begins at Grand Suite level or Diamond level, and is only available on Voyager class, Radiance class, and Enchantment in the Vision Class.

When we boarded the Brilliance in Miami on Jan. 2, the Priority (including JS's) check in line (right next to us) moved at the same speed as our regular line. I believe I was the first person in the pool on the Brilliance that day and "only" a Gold Member. We are approaching Platinum and very soon Diamond, and we may get on board ten minutes sooner than other's do. Earn your C&A points, get your onboard credits, invest in the company for more credits (after due diligence research). Hey, whichever way you wanna cruise RCCL, it's a great way to sail!!!

Anyone else on the Grandeur repo in November?

Junior Suites don't get Concierge service, but Diamond members do, no matter what cabin they are in. I still wish we had a JS for the space and the tub, but on an 11 night cruise we couldn't justify the cost. Our friends will have an aft JS on Serenade, I had not seen photos before. They look very nice!:D

Do a search on "concierge" on the RCCL board, it begins at Grand Suite level or Diamond level, and is only available on Voyager class, Radiance class, and Enchantment in the Vision Class.

Just got off the Navigator in a JS on deck 10. The "concierge" service wasn't available to us, and there never was a moment I needed it. I never heard anyone talk about or use the "Concierge Club" nor did I ever see the need. We were much closer to the Windjammer than the Club and the Cafe Prominade was the nicest little detail on the ship.

We were in 1600 on the Serenade this past January. The configuration of this particular GS was odd. We booked the same cruise for next January, but in a JS this time. The GS on the Adventure was much nicer than on the Serenade (we thought) The concierge lounge was an okay perk, but we decided it was not worth the extra $$ for a couple of drinks per night. I'm happy not to be faced with that long walk aft every day to get to our cabin. I like being more midship because it is more convenient and less prone to motion.

--Judy

Hi, We have recently been on the Serenade and the Jewel (both the same class). We have been spoiled by the Jr. suites and have a hard time going back to a regular balcony. The size is like a regular size hotel room. You don't feel like you are walking around things. No, the closet on this class ship is not as big as on the Voyager class but you can still walk in it and have plently of room.

We just booked Freedom for next February and the prices were higher than I am used to paying for a Jr. suite. However, we just became Diamond members so got a few hundred off. That is how I justified sticking to the suite.

Once you go to the Jr. suite you will have a hard time going back, we haven't yet with 5 cruises having done so.

Hope I helped and haven't discouraged you.

Have a great time, whatever you decide.

dogger13:)

We had a JS on Grandeur and it had no walk in closet. The rest is as previously described. Loved leaving the door to the balcony open at night to hear the waves.

Wolfcathorse, Can you share what cabin number you had? I'm curious now if my JS on my upcoming Grandeur cruise will have a regular size or larger closet. Thanks.

I would not travel in a cabin below a junior suite...they are well worth the money...just for the bathroom alone...I can not stand those tiny bathrooms where your toilet is practially in your showere and there is no room to hardly dry yourself...I need some elbow room!

We will be on the Mriner OTS in August. How are the beds set up in a JS?

We'll have 4 of us - me, DH, DD12 and DS15. Of course, we parents will take the big bed, but there is no way my kids will share a pull-out couch.

Can we bring an aerobed for the floor? Is there a bed that pulls down from the ceiling? How (un)comfortable is the pull-out couch?

TIA!

We will be on the Mriner OTS in August. How are the beds set up in a JS?

We'll have 4 of us - me, DH, DD12 and DS15. Of course, we parents will take the big bed, but there is no way my kids will share a pull-out couch.

Can we bring an aerobed for the floor? Is there a bed that pulls down from the ceiling? How (un)comfortable is the pull-out couch?

TIA!

Here are some pictures of the MOS Junior Suite. The couch pulls out....no pullman style bed in the ceiling. My DS14 found the couch comfortable. You could ask for a cot for your daughter had have your son take the couch.

http://community.webshots.com/album/548151570rTTGKa

Dotsie

Archived