cost for crown grill, rudi's, sabatini's.

on the 28 day round Australia march 25, in my personaliser is $39 for crown and $35 for sabatinis is this $US?? as  i thought it went up to $53 and $49 $aus respectively.39$us x2 is converted at $124 $aus as opposed to $106. same on discovery princess to nz jan 2026 its displaying $39 and $35 but doesn't say if its $us or aus, is this another way to get more $ out of everyone.

59 minutes ago, martin jenkins said:

on the 28 day round Australia march 25, in my personaliser is $39 for crown and $35 for sabatinis is this $US?? as  i thought it went up to $53 and $49 $aus respectively.39$us x2 is converted at $124 $aus as opposed to $106. same on discovery princess to nz jan 2026 its displaying $39 and $35 but doesn't say if its $us or aus, is this another way to get more $ out of everyone.

To the final question, no it isn't. Unless something has changed, you may be lucky to score a bargain.

The $US pricing requires an `18% gratuity to be charged at the restaurant, while the $AU pricing is inclusive. That accounts for much of the discrepancy, although I seem to recall Bayou/Crown Grill could be over $AU60 following a recent price rise.

Yes, that is the US pricing as the ship currently operates in $US, but AU itineraries are ordering in $AU. The app isn't clever enough to have dual currency pricing. From the same experience as Coral & Majestic prior to arrival, if you order them now you will pay $39 or $35 Australian. Only when the ship arrives will the app start to display the correct $AU pricing. The same also applies to Diamond Princess next season. It is possible Princess will find a way to square their ledgers, but not the last time I checked. I can currently order Grill on Diamond Princess for $AU39pp

The same happened prior to Grand & Majestic arriving in late 2022

Specialty Dining Cost Princess Australia - Australia & New Zealand Cruisers - Cruise Critic Community

• Thanks 1

ok update, booked the crown grill & rudi's on discovery jan 2026 and yes got it for $39 aus each, might look at the 360 dining at $149, on discovery oct 2025 tokyo to singapore yes its in us$, 360 dining comes out at $460 aus with the exchange rate as opposed to $298 aus big difference. thanks for the info arxcards

• Like 2