Pilates?

Guest Snaxmuppet

Guest Snaxmuppet

We are thinking of doing the Pilates classes but we have never don't it before. Has anyone done them on the ship (Sky)? Do they cater for beginners? I know that being a beginner at these kinds of classes can sometimes be very intimidating.

1 hour ago, Snaxmuppet said:

We are thinking of doing the Pilates classes but we have never don't it before. Has anyone done them on the ship (Sky)? Do they cater for beginners? I know that being a beginner at these kinds of classes can sometimes be very intimidating.

Most group fitness classes onboard are very watered down and, if they are following the brand they claim to, modifications are available to accommodate most. The classes should be floor-based as well, which doesn’t have the learning curve of the various equipment.

I've done Pilates for years, and my husband, never.  We both enjoyed the Pilates classes very much and as we had the Premier package, we did them (and other) gym classes each day.  If you are experienced, you know how to make it more challenging, and as mentioned above, there are modifications for beginners too.   We also had some bumpy sea days for extra challenge (and laughs)