Magen's Bay vs Sapphire Beach

Hi All,

I will be gong on a cruise in April with a stop in St. Thomas. I'm trying to decide which beach to visit that day. I have it narrowed down to Magen's Bay and Sapphire Beach. I know Magen's Bay has calm waters. I'm wondering if Sapphire beach also has calm waters as or if it has big waves. The person I'm going with likes calm waters. If Sapphire also has calm waters we'll probably go there as I have been to Magen's Bay already but that was about 10 years ago. Can someone please let me know how these two beach compare, and specifically whether the waters at Sapphire beach are calm and similar to those at Magen's Bay? I appreciate any feedback.

Magens is in a cove so is more consistently calm. Sapphire is open so water is not consistently as calm, but is probably more calm than not.

Let me see if I can find a link to a good, working, live Webcam that can show current conditions.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ms411 said:

Magens is in a cove so is more consistently calm. Sapphire is open so water is not consistently as calm, but is probably more calm than not.

Thank you. This is good to know. I am leaning toward Sapphire beach but just want to make sure the waves won't be an issue.

Edited by Garycruz

If calm water is the biggest consideration then Magens or Secret Harbour. Sapphire can be wuite calm or rougher depending on the wind and sea conditions..

Having said that, in April we would definitely choose Sapphire. Just nicer island views, still a gorgeous beach and water colors, and better food options…

• Thanks 1