Is Starbucks the only choice?

I am booked on my first NCL cruise in 25 years, and I’m seeing a lot of chatter about Starbucks on board.  Is Starbucks the only option for a latte on board the Getaway? Is there a latte on the MDR menu?

there is a latte and cappuccino offered on most menus. if youre in a suite and eating breakfast in moderno, they also have french press coffee available on your table.

the latte's and cappuccino onthe menus are i think 3.95.

however, if you get the upgraded drink package, both starbucks, and special coffees are included. 

• Like 2

If you're on a ship with a Studio Lounge, they have WMF coffee machines that make a fairly decent latte, espresso and Americano. For free, no drink package needed. Yet.

• Like 2

The Studio Lounge is intended for Solo travelers (in a studio or other solo cabin) and a key card is required to enter the space with the coffee maker. It is more available (as in door may be propped open) if the solo gathering is taking place - usually around 5-6 pm on ships that hold the meeting in the lounge. 

Unfortunately, all the coffee is Starbucks crap including the french press stuff in the Haven.

I prefer anything else to starbucks - I don't like burnt coffee!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

I prefer anything else to starbucks - I don't like burnt coffee!

LOL!  For years I've said that Starbuck's strategy has always been to make horrible coffee.  That way nobody buys a simple $2.50 cup of coffee with cream or sugar, but needs to doctor the stuff up at $5-$6 per cup!!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not only is the coffee in all of the Haven starbucks but also the specialty after dinner coffees in the MDR are all Starbucks now also.  On the Epic all specialty coffees were Starbucks, everything else was regular brand, whatever that brand is. (Well, you could get an Irish Coffee at O'Sheehans but that is the only place that had it that was not Starbucks)

Edited by ready2cruzagain

3 hours ago, Portia! said:

The Studio Lounge is intended for Solo travelers (in a studio or other solo cabin) and a key card is required to enter the space with the coffee maker. It is more available (as in door may be propped open) if the solo gathering is taking place - usually around 5-6 pm on ships that hold the meeting in the lounge. 

Well, that is good to know!  Thank you!  I just happen to be in a solo balcony cabin with lounge access for this trip!  Yay me!  Thanks, everyone, for all of the great info.

• Like 1