No pre-departure upgrade offer - upgrade on board?

Maxsnz

I haven't gotten an upgrade offer email for an upcoming World Europa cruise in a couple of weeks. I checked the website tool and it says my booking isn't eligible, so that's that I guess.

I'm in a YC interior and would love to have a shot at getting YC balcony. Anyone have any experience of upgrading on embarkation? Possibility of doing so and reasonableness of prices?

Looks like there is inventory available for new bookings (3x what I paid for my booking!)

8 hours ago, Maxsnz said:

I'm in a YC interior and would love to have a shot at getting YC balcony. Anyone have any experience of upgrading on embarkation? Possibility of doing so and reasonableness of prices?

You can go to the YC Concierge once you are onboard and let them know you are interested in an upgrade, but you may find they cannot confirm vacancies until boarding has completed so they can be sure any 'no-shows' really aren't coming.

Those who were able to bid for upgrades will have been accommodated by then so unless there were too few bids, it is just the 'no-shows' that may still be open...

• Like 1