Adult Only Ships

kruzgal

On 3/27/2024 at 9:26 AM, kruzgal said:

I really enjoy my job so don't want to retire early but it does mean I am tied to school holidays. If your children are grown up then presumably there is no reason why they couldn't sail with you on an adult only ship? If you had grandchildren you could go on the Celebrity ships that are newer and bigger. 

To me, making at least a couple of their older ships adult only is a no brainer, as P&O do. We are not loyal to any particular line and will always shop around, largely looking at dates, then itinerary and price. Celebrity has 14 ships so making 2 of them adult only would barely make a difference to me, but could attract others to them. I think they are missing a trick. 

great theory - but how do you see it working.

Taking your suggestion  X has 2 adult only ships. How do you choose them? In the UK X only has one ship - will that be family of adult only?  Same app;ies out of other European Ports. So many reasons it won't work.

P and O only operates a limited number of routes and I believe it's Adult Only ships are "converted" to family cruises during peak periods/Christmas etc.