Adult Only Ships

kruzgal

Should Celebrity make some of their M class ships adult only? We are currently on Infinity and whilst there are very few children (because there isn’t much for them onboard) it would seem to make sense to me for Celebrity to have at least a couple of their ships as adult only. P&O do this with their older, smaller ships and it is very popular. The teen/kids club could be converted into alternative dining venues which would be a bonus. Throw in some different itineraries and I think this could be a win for Celebrity. Thoughts? 

• Like 7

Forget about adult only ship ,

use M class for long cruises ,longer cruises less children 😁

take it down the Amazon River ,  

take it Fiji and back from LA 

go to Cape Town 

Celebrity some thing different exciting 😁

• Like 8

We sat "No" to an  X adult only ship.. OP can just cruise at times when it's not school break or pick longer itins. Agree that some new itins fir smaller/older ships should be  added..even in the Carib. 

Other lines are available to fill the Adult only  niche OP seeks!  And who knows what they'd be like?Just read a recent post about an " adult" show on an X ship described as " vulgar"..Not our style.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hcat said:

We sat "No" to an  X adult only ship.. OP can just cruise at times when it's not school break or pick longer itins. Agree that some new itins fir smaller/older ships should be  added..even in the Carib. 

Other lines are available to fill the Adult only  niche OP seeks!  And who knows what they'd be like?Just read a recent post about an " adult" show on an X ship described as " vulgar"..Not our style.

Was that show on the Connie on the November TA at the 7:00 show , it went down hill pretty fast 🤣

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Understand your comments, but adult themed shows can appear on cruise lines that are not adult only. IMO adults only would simply mean no children and probably at least 18 or older as the minimum age. (In my mind it should be 21+). Such as is the case with Virgin Voyages and Viking Cruises, as two examples.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kruzgal said:

Should Celebrity make some of their M class ships adult only? We are currently on Infinity and whilst there are very few children (because there isn’t much for them onboard) it would seem to make sense to me for Celebrity to have at least a couple of their ships as adult only. P&O do this with their older, smaller ships and it is very popular. The teen/kids club could be converted into alternative dining venues which would be a bonus. Throw in some different itineraries and I think this could be a win for Celebrity. Thoughts? 

Not going to happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Understand your comments, but adult themed shows can appear on cruise lines that are not adult only. IMO adults only would simply mean no children and probably at least 18 or older as the minimum age. (In my mind it should be 21+). Such as is the case with Virgin Voyages and Viking Cruises, as two examples.

Why 21 , in most of the world people can join the military , vote , drink and get married at 18 

in Malta where most of Celebrity ships are registered the drinking age is 17 

At times the USA is so backwards 😁

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Why 21 , in most of the world people can join the military , vote , drink and get married at 18 

Nothing more than my opinion.  Not a judgement of world standards.  And certainly not something to enter a debate about as it was only a personal comment regarding adult only cruises, of which the two I mentioned use 18 as their guideline.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

4 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

At times???  

• Haha 5

On our Silhouette cruise this past January, you had to keep an eye out for any kids. On our 10 day (I understand 10 days limits a lot of kids) we saw two young girls with their parents and dad was an employee and a few teenagers. That was it.

Great cruise by the way, I would cruise the Silhouette again in a heart beat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hcat said:

It was  post #1 ( toward end of review) on "JUST BACK SKY SUITE SILHOUETTE" ..by Ocean Cruiser.. I will try to copy and paste..

1 minute ago, hcat said:

It was  post #1 ( toward end of review) on "JUST BACK SKY SUITE SILHOUETTE" ..by Ocean Cruiser.. I will try to copy and paste..

"There was an R-rated game show one evening on the ship and it was truly vulgar. We are not prudes and enjoy a good laugh but we were surprised that Celebrity actually allowed this. A far cry from the Love and Marriage show which is pretty tame. The adult comedy show was kind of what we expected but, again, more over the top than other adult comedy sh.. ."

Just now, hcat said:

"There was an R-rated game show one evening on the ship and it was truly vulgar. We are not prudes and enjoy a good laugh but we were surprised that Celebrity actually allowed this. A far cry from the Love and Marriage show which is pretty tame. The adult comedy show was kind of what we expected but, again, more over the top than other adult comedy sh.. ."

They did this on the Connie with a lot warning that is was going to be over the top 

nobody was force to go 

A later post on same thread described a  word game on  the same ship...involving sex body parts..but said it was stupid!

Years ago some of the  regular Cirque shows had sexually suggestive and mysoginistic ( spell?)  skits..  I hated the one where the male fake  slaps the female &  pulls her quite roughly by her hair.

Happy that Sexist stuff like that is no longer acceoptable entertainment.!

Maybe the sex oriented games should be left for frat boy, bachelor or bachelorette parties? Or the known edgier cruise lines!

Ship should  mark X rated so folks can avoid!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kruzgal said:

Should Celebrity make some of their M class ships adult only? 

I was recently on the Summit which had an adults-only sailing.  I can't recall if it was 18+ or 21+.  This was a charter sailing and the age limit was set by the chartering company.  The Summit is a popular ship to be chartered and many, if not most, charters are adults only.

I have no opinion on whether Celebrity should designate more routes or entire ships as adults only.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

They did this on the Connie with a lot warning that is was going to be over the top 

nobody was force to go 

What's the purpose of these X rated adult only shows anyway ??

A bunch of " sicko's " laughing their asses off at some half-wit comedian or is it a " Register here for Swingers Meat and Treat " ?

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

nobody was force to go 

I miss George Carlin…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

nobody was force to go 

Seems fair to me..warning was given. Entertainment is very subjective and every adult oriented show I have ever been too it was made clear ahead of time…I have also never seen them not let anyone leave the show if they were caught off guard, etc..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, hcat said:

To me "truly vulgar" would be X-rated and not R-rated.

49 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

What's the purpose of these X rated adult only shows anyway ??

A bunch of " sicko's " laughing their asses off at some half-wit comedian or is it a " Register here for Swingers Meat and Treat " ?

I don’t know , we didn’t go to the show