Statue of Notre-Dame-du-Saguenay

csouffle

Posted (edited)

Can someone please let me know which side is better to watch the Statue of Notre-Dame-du-Saguenay from the balcony?

The cruise ship leaves from Quebec to Saguenay (dock 07:00 am to 05:00 pm).  Sunrise 6:10 am, Sunset 7:08 pm.   Is my assumption correct for picking a stateroom on the starboard side to watch the Statue on the way out?  Thank you.

Edited by csouffle
misspelled

correct, the statue is on the port side for the sail in and starboard for the sail out.  

Saguenay was our favorite stop of our cruise (next to embarkation at QC).   The sail in and sail out of the fjord at Saguenay is very nice.   We took the excursion to go hiking in the national park which was very nice as well.   All that said the view of the statue from the ship was a bit underwhelming, not saying it was not an impressive construction, but from the middle of the fjord you are a ways away.  Also for us, we passed the statue right at dinner time (however we were dining outside on starboard side coincidentally.) 

Enjoy your cruise, we really liked ours.....  

On 3/26/2024 at 6:37 PM, csouffle said:

I edited my original post, now how do I cancel this extra/2nd post?

Touch the three dots at the top RHS of your post and then a drop down box will let you report your post.  You can then choose the appropriate options and write in a final box asking for the post to be deleted.  I just write, "Please delete my post which was made in error".  An admin will delete the post once they see your report, so may take 12 hours or so for it to happen.

You cannot delete it yourself directly.