Early Final Payment Date

CJANDH

On 3/29/2024 at 11:38 PM, Peregrina651 said:

Viking marches to a different drummer and it takes some getting used to. Guests have to decide for themselves if the onboard experience is worth the difference in policies. 

So far my onboard experience has not matched any other cruise lines I have used so payment so far in advance is a drawback for me.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

So far my onboard experience has not matched any other cruise lines I have used so payment so far in advance is a drawback for me.

Viking has one of the highest sailing occupancy rates in the industry so they do things differently. It stems from their origins as a river cruise line. If you have a cruise already booked, they will defer to 6 months. That and a previous sailing discount is in essence their customer loyalty reward program.

• Like 1

When V runs a Sale, PIF date is listed in fine print of offer.  Often shortly after booking, even if voyage is 1, or 2 years out. You are getting a lower fare, yet paying for it in lost interest.

I have decided to book closer in, when V is trying to fill remaining cabins, often with nice booking incentives. 

Of course, if one is set on a particularly popular itinerary and cabin, then one must book earlier, and pay according to V schedule. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, HSBC said:

If the deposit is $25, when do I need to make the final payment (e.g. 3 months prior to embarkation date)?

Thanks!

It all depends on when you book and when embarkation is. Terms are in the fine print for the promotion. For example here is one current promotion going on now, it may or may not apply to the cruise you are looking at. If you have another booking it’s 6 months. If you don’t, it’s typically more than a year out. Yes we know other cruise lines don’t do this. Viking is not like other cruise lines.

2024: Pay in full by at time of booking if within 120 days of departure. 2025: Pay in full by September 30, 2024. 2026: Pay in full by March 31, 2025. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Offers Expires August 31, 2024.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Cg52 said:

What lines are you comparing Viking to? 

I am reading from your comment that Viking does NOT meet your expectations based on other experiences, and that is why you don't like the payment terms?