Celebrity invoice code TBZ5-FCC RDMPT

gerelmx

Posted (edited)

I just received a new invoice for my cruise. I already made the final payment a week ago and my balance was zero, this new invoice has a new item TBZ5-FCC RDMPT with $100 and now I owe that money.
Does anyone know what that code is?

Edited by gerelmx

@gerelmx

I don't know, but that's never stopped anyone on Cruise Critic before. 

I suspect the abbreviation is for Future Cruise Credit Redemption.  I remember many issues with Future Cruise Credits coming out of COVID cancellations where Celebrity's accounting people caught errors long after the credits had been applied.  They would then claw back anything they could. 

Was the cruise your on at least partially paid for with credit from a cancelled sailing?  I would certainly call and get some explanation before I paid the additional $100.00. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Posted (edited)

All the FCCs I had were already used on a cruise in August 2022, there were no errors in the FCCs, all the quantities were correct.

I called Celebrity, they couldn't give me an explanation even though the operator spoke with his supervisor, they only told me that they are going to investigate it and that by Tuesday at the latest I should have a response.

Also I can't check my booking it's locked

Edited by gerelmx

13 hours ago, gerelmx said:

All the FCCs I had were already used on a cruise in August 2022, there were no errors in the FCCs, all the quantities were correct.

I called Celebrity, they couldn't give me an explanation even though the operator spoke with his supervisor, they only told me that they are going to investigate it and that by Tuesday at the latest I should have a response.

Also I can't check my booking it's locked

Is it possible you moved a previous NRD itinerary to this one? $100 is consistent with their change fee.

Because I hate not knowing things (I’m working on better acceptance of my ignorance, but it is difficult), I ran a search on the code. The only pertinent hits appear to relate to FCC from Global Suspension certificates. While these do not explain your particular issue, and I am fairly certain I don’t understand the explanations, these two links are what I found that offer any explanation:

FCC_OVERVIEW

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Is it possible you moved a previous NRD itinerary to this one? $100 is consistent with their change fee.

Yes i Jump from the Apex to the Silhouette on July 14, 2023 and was charged the change with the code CHG1-CHANGE FEE