Do you want QM2 photos? I got QM2 photos!

tjunmin

Today QM2 arrived in Cape Town, and we have two queens docked at the same pier!

The weather today was perfect! Bright, clear, sunny, and not too hot, although extremely windy at Cape of Good Hope! I saw more animals than I was expecting today, including penguins, dassies, ostriches, baboons, and sea lions. A lovely lunch followed by a wine tasting was a perfect break, before hitting scenic Chapman's Peak Drive and iconic Table Mountain.

Photos of my adventure today can be found here [link].

Thom

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After a delayed departure from Cape Town due to wind conditions, QM2 arrived in Walvis Bay approximately 6 hours later than originally scheduled.

Approach into Walvis Bay was very foggy, with reduced visibility and quite a chilly breeze in the air. Once on land, we had good weather, with pleasant temperatures and amazing blue skies.

I choose a tour of Namib-Naukluft National Park. The scenery was breathtaking, with exhilarating dune rides, and sightings of flamingos, gemsboks, springboks, and even a palmato gecko!

I'm extremely happy that we managed to visit Walvis Bay and experience its beauty and hospitality.

A few of my photos from today can be found here [link].

Thom

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tjunmin said:

After a delayed departure from Cape Town due to wind conditions, QM2 arrived in Walvis Bay approximately 6 hours later than originally scheduled.

Approach into Walvis Bay was very foggy, with reduced visibility and quite a chilly breeze in the air. Once on land, we had good weather, with pleasant temperatures and amazing blue skies.

I choose a tour of Namib-Naukluft National Park. The scenery was breathtaking, with exhilarating dune rides, and sightings of flamingos, gemsboks, springboks, and even a palmato gecko!

I'm extremely happy that we managed to visit Walvis Bay and experience its beauty and hospitality.

A few of my photos from today can be found here [link].

Thom

I’m glad to see that the penguins were properly attired for Black and White Gala Night…they may have to work a little harder to suit up for the Red and Gold theme though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since we left Cape Town, staff has been serving passengers at Kings Court. This morning I noticed that we were no longer allowed to help ourselves of beverages in Kings Court as well. Mid-morning, the captain made a public announcement, informing us of enhanced protocols due to increased number of gastrointestinal illnesses experienced by passengers, including the cancellation of large public gatherings, such as the Country Faire event scheduled for this afternoon. For all onboard, stay safe and healthy!

I added photos of meals at The Verandah and Coriander here [link].

Thom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had gorgeous weather at Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, sunny and not too hot or humid. Public buses (guaguas) are inexpensive, clean and efficient. The city centre is rich in history and architectural sights, while Playa de Las Canteras offers a gorgeous and relaxing beach experience.

A few photos from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria can be found here, added at the end of the album: [link].

Thom