Do I really need a jeep WRANGLER ?????

RN7997

When we first arranged for a rental prior to our trip, we reserved a Jeep 4 x 4. After reading many comments on this forum, my husband contacted the rental company and asked for a Jeep with a lift kit. I ASSUME it had larger tires and wheel base, therefore, sat higher than a regular Jeep.

I keep my photos pretty organized -- I'll track down a picture of the Jeep we had and I can email it if you want along with some other photos of the "road" to the Natural Pool. Let me know.

Robin

You'd be amazed what a stock height Jeep can do -- I haven't been to Natural Pool, but wouldn't hesitate to say that if all of these tourists are getting there w/o breaking axles and flipping all the time, a sane and careful driver can do it in a stock height Wrangler. A stock Jeep TJ will do anything the newbie will ask it too. If you do get stuck in soft sand, or try to do some serious rock crawling, drop the tire pressure to 18-20lbs (should start our around 35) and you'll have a TON more traction, just remember to refill the tires before you do any high speed on pavement driving. Remember to lock into 4wd LOW RANGE and crawl along in 1st gear if things get really bad.

I was in contact w/ American rental (at the pier) through email this last week to reserve a Jeep for my cruise. They offered me three options.

$75 -- standard Jeep, they said this was the base model 4cyl (auto or manual)

$85 -- Sport, this is the same as base model but with a 6cyl.

$95 -- Sport Extra -- this is the Wranger Rubicon model (diff lockers, larger tires, 6cyl, designed for off-road).

I went w/ the base model, but like I said, I haven't been to Aruba yet and have only seen the pics and read the reviews.

Do either of you have the email or website for American rental in Aruba? I am also interested. Thanks!

No, I don't. Try to search the internet and look for American. That's how we got to them.

Robin

Archived