Items on Balcony

DAP2

I'm seeing a lot of posts on a group I'm in where people are drying laundry on their balconies.  Some clipping to the hammocks, others installing portable clothes lines.

The other lines I've been on have prohibited this. What is Virgin's position? And is it in writing anywhere? I couldn't find it. Maybe they don't care since they don't allow smoking on balconies. 

Posted (edited)

They put a letter in the room on the day (or day before) they are going to jet wash the balconies stating to remove personal belongings. Don’t think there is any policy either way about putting stuff out on other days. We’ve dried swimwear on the balcony chairs, but I don’t like putting it on the rail just in case it falls!

Edited by jon81uk
  • Like 1

Cruise lines are subject to large fines if anything is thrown or blown off the ship.  It has nothing to do with smoking, which is forbidden as a fire hazard.  Yes, we got the letter about washing the balcony--if you get this letter be sure to hook your hammock to the holder on the wall.  Otherwise it will be soaked and take a full day or more to dry!  There is a laundry line in the shower.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have done 20+ cruises.  Never did laundry onboard.  And most of them we did carry on only.  Guess we just are different or weird.

(okay, we have hung bathing suits and coverups in the shower)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, garycarla said:

We have done 20+ cruises.  Never did laundry onboard.  And most of them we did carry on only.  Guess we just are different or weird.

Well, I haven't done carry on only for a cruise, but most of our cruises have been at least 12 nights, some as long as 28 nights.  I only send laundry when I'm getting it as a perk, but it is very helpful.  I don't hang laundry on the balcony.

9 hours ago, garycarla said:

For laundry I get Virgin to do it, the line in the shower or the chair on the balcony is used to dry swimwear, or sometimes to air gym kit.

• Like 1