Northern Lights notification

Bit of an odd question, but important for us. We've booked the Euribia for a Scandinavian/fjords cruise this fall and really hoping to get a glimpse of the Northern Lights. Is there a way to get notified that they are active?  Don't want to sleep through them nor do I want to stay awake every night trying to see them.  Thanks.   

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, MacCruising2018 said:

Bit of an odd question, but important for us. We've booked the Euribia for a Scandinavian/fjords cruise this fall and really hoping to get a glimpse of the Northern Lights. Is there a way to get notified that they are active?  Don't want to sleep through them nor do I want to stay awake every night trying to see them.  Thanks.   

Here's a great app for aurora forecasts

My Aurora Forecast & Alerts - Apps on Google Play

Also, on some ships they will notify passengers if/when the northern lights appear.  Sometimes you have to ask at customer service to have them call your cabin phone.  They are hesitant to make a ship wide announcement to all cabins since the lights often appear in the wee hours of the morning. I should add that I don't know if MSC does this.

Edited by mnocket
  • Like 2