NCL Escape Disembarkation in Civitavecchia

We will arrive in Civitavecchia at 6am. We've never been early risers on our cruises. How early can we hop off the ship? We were in the port 18 months ago and took our time heading to Rome. This time, we're heading to the Vatican. It's been 20 years since our last visit, and we want to get there as quickly as possible.  Thanks for the help.

If you are willing to carry your own luggage off then you will be able to get off very soon after 6am. Assuming this is a Med only cruise (not a transatlantic or anything like that) then you will be able to just walk straight through the terminal and out.

If you want to use the luggage tags and pick up your own luggage then the earliest non priority (suites, latitudes or transfers) tags will likely be called at around 7am.

If you have previously disembarked at Civitavecchia then I assume you are aware of the transport challenges (shuttle buses etc unless you have a transfer or are getting a taxi). Just make sure you have your journey planned and booked if required.

1 hour ago, BubbaBoat said:

We will arrive in Civitavecchia at 6am. We've never been early risers on our cruises. How early can we hop off the ship? We were in the port 18 months ago and took our time heading to Rome. This time, we're heading to the Vatican. It's been 20 years since our last visit, and we want to get there as quickly as possible.  Thanks for the help.

Very soon after 6am when you hear the announcements, you can carry your own luggages to get off.

If you have your own transportation lined up, you can be on the way to the Vatican.

Do you mean to visit St. Peter's Sq, go into the Basilica, or visit the Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel (need to buy tickets)?  Last time we bought the small tour, before opening to the public, and had a fabulous guided tour inside.  We were in the Sistine Chapel for 25minutes.  We had breakfast in the courtyard.  When we were coming out, there were lots and lots of people, and outside there were lots of people lining up (some to buy tickets, some to get in..)

I'm such a goofus...I did not mean disembark as in the cruise is ended.  I meant, as well float into the port to visit.  We are scheduled to arrive at 6am.  Can we walk right off the ship at 6am to catch a train to Saint Peters?  My bad.

Just now, BubbaBoat said:

I'm such a goofus...I did not mean disembark as in the cruise is ended.  I meant, as well float into the port to visit.  We are scheduled to arrive at 6am.  Can we walk right off the ship at 6am to catch a train to Saint Peters?  My bad.

You can be off the ship within 15 - 30 minutes of arrival, maybe even sooner. 

• Like 1