Exceptions to Deluxe Beverage Package Rule

1 hour ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Has anyone ever called to get the deluxe and refreshment package and then tried to cancel the refreshment through the planner once it appeared in your order history?

Not personally, but I have a brother-in-law who tried this.

When he tried to cancel the refreshment package, it seemed both the refreshment and deluxe were linked together as if one unified package, it would not allow him to cancel one without automatically canceling the other

6 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

Thanks for your input @Mum2Mercury! Since our sailing is still 9 months out and the price of the DBP is still too high for me, I'm not ready to shell out the money. I'd rather wait until the price is one I'm willing to pay. If it doesn't drop to around $75/person/day, we'll probably skip it.

Two thoughts: 

- Don't forget to add 18% mandatory tip to the cost of the drink package. 

- Know that when you order the drink package, you'll need to pay for it (in full) THAT DAY.  That is, it isn't added to the cost of your cruise to be paid off a month or two ahead of time.  

On 4/4/2024 at 9:44 AM, LisaLisa87 said:

Thanks for your input @Mum2Mercury! Since our sailing is still 9 months out and the price of the DBP is still too high for me, I'm not ready to shell out the money. I'd rather wait until the price is one I'm willing to pay. If it doesn't drop to around $75/person/day, we'll probably skip it.

I'll definitely keep an eye on prices, and I do hope that we'll see the low Black Friday prices that I've read about. We weren't able to take advantage for our last cruise since we booked in February and sailed in September.

I can't remember whether it was here or on a social media site, but someone posted a link to a drink package calculator that I've found pretty useful. Here is is, for anyone interested in checking it out:

https://cruisespotlight.com/drink-package-calculator/?

Oh Boy, just did the calculation, I drink a lot! LOL

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2024 at 5:59 AM, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Has anyone ever called to get the deluxe and refreshment package and then tried to cancel the refreshment through the planner once it appeared in your order history?

On 4/4/2024 at 7:24 AM, TexanSailor said:

Not personally, but I have a brother-in-law who tried this.

When he tried to cancel the refreshment package, it seemed both the refreshment and deluxe were linked together as if one unified package, it would not allow him to cancel one without automatically canceling the other

I did this on our Harmony cruise back in December...  So that we could maximize our Diamond balcony discount we listed my wife and I in separate cabin and my daughter and son in law each in one of our cabins.  I bought the DBP for me and RP for my alleged cabin mate. I did this all by calling in.  A better sale came along for the RP and I was able to cancel the RP online and repurchase it without problem.  There was only 5 or 10 minutes or so where the two weren't purchased so if I had cancelled and never repurchased I don't know what would have happened.  Probably they would have canceled the DBP but at least I was able to take advantage of the RP sale without having to call in.

YMMV

Edited by Tree_skier