Question(s) about repricing before final payment

I couldn't find the policy on NCL and the search results here didn't yield an answer, so I figured I'd ask. I booked a cruise and am a couple months before the final payment date.

If the price drops before FPD and it turns out that I've paid more toward the cruise than the adjusted price, is that guaranteed to come back as a refund to my card, or should I leave a chunk unpaid until closer to FPD to be (hopefully) eaten up by a drop? (I'd prefer this to OBC)

Do they tally up the entire bill (including things like pre-paying gratuities) and then refund whatever you've paid over vs the new price? Or are there things they don't count or only give an OBC for if you've already paid on it?

I understand that after final payment it's usually a one-time OBC or FCC. I just don't know if I'm needlessly concerned about staying underpaid before getting closer to FP.

Thanks!

If the price drops before final payment and you request an adjustment (it isn't automatic), they will refund back to your original form of payment.

Technically I believe they are processing it as a rebooking in their system but your reservation # stays the same, and all of your payments stay the same. But if anything else has changed, such as promos, those will also change. So under normal circumstances, your final price will only change by the amount of the cabin price drop. But over the years I've seen price increases for flights and port charges (actually dropped). Or changes in the cost of the gratuities for the drink/meal packages. If that happens, your final cost may include those changes as well.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I check the cabin prices daily before my final payment and call and request an adjustment. So far I have gotten 2 adjustments on the final payment and hoping it will go down again before my final payment.  Once it was only $40.00 but I took it.  Call them when you see the cabin price go down. Sometimes it goes back up again.