to tube or not to tube??? anything even better in Belize?

reedpartyof4

I've been reading reviews about the Cave Tubing excursion, both thru Big Butts and thru Carnival...  despite all the really positive reviews and the way it sounds like so much fun, it does seem to be valid that you are spending 5.5 hours for 30 minutes of actual "fun."  I feel like we will do the 'beach/chill/swim/snorkel' on our own in Cozumel, so we will have that day for typical beach-stuff...  but are there things in Belize that anyone would recommend over the cave tubing?  

Appreciate any and all input!!  

I have no idea if you are interested in history but we took a trip to Lamanai when we were in Belize. It involved a river trip and then a visit to an ancient pyramid, this one has not been completely reclaimed and pristine like Chichen Itza so you get an idea of how amazing the discovery was.

We had a meal there and heard howler monkeys however we saw the local guides were actually making the sounds!

No idea if your cruise line offers an excursion but if they do it was one of our highlights.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g291968-d5452919-Reviews-Lamanai_Belize_Tours-Belize_City_Belize_District.html

Happy planning

• 2 weeks later...

Cave tubing is popular in Belize, but there's plenty more to discover. To help you find activities that perfectly match your interests, could you share what kind of activities excite you most—like cultural, adventure, or relaxation? Also, are you looking to explore with guided tours or prefer to venture out on your own?

Based on your preferences, I can recommend some great options, like exploring Mayan ruins or snorkeling at Hol Chan Marine Reserve.

Looking forward to helping you plan an amazing trip!