Gluten Free/Dairy free on Coral

CPs4591

Hi please direct me to proper place if I am posting in wrong location, sorry newbie!  We have a Coral cruise this fall to PC.  I am NCGS and dairy free.  Have been reading some of the TRs and notice there are foods in the MDR that will work fine for me since I do not have to worry about cross contamination with either (not celiac and no milk allergy, but do both per doctor’s instructions), but wow, I noticed the morning room service menu with no options for dairy free “milk” for either cereal or coffee and no GF toast or pastries.  Also we got the premier package but can’t seem to find out if the ice cream place has dairy free treats or not.  Does anyone have experience with this?  TIA

2 hours ago, CPs4591 said:

Hi please direct me to proper place if I am posting in wrong location, sorry newbie!  We have a Coral cruise this fall to PC.  I am NCGS and dairy free.  Have been reading some of the TRs and notice there are foods in the MDR that will work fine for me since I do not have to worry about cross contamination with either (not celiac and no milk allergy, but do both per doctor’s instructions), but wow, I noticed the morning room service menu with no options for dairy free “milk” for either cereal or coffee and no GF toast or pastries.  Also we got the premier package but can’t seem to find out if the ice cream place has dairy free treats or not.  Does anyone have experience with this?  TIA

You will need to talk with a head waiter (or dining room manager they're called today) in the MDR. Each evening he will give you the next day's menu (dinner and if a sea day lunch) for you to order ahead. You are not limited to the items that fit your restrictions, since they will be able to modify other items to fit your restrictions - that's why they take the order a day in advance. It's easier if you eat in the same dining room each evening, since you would be dealing with the same head waiter there. Once he learns your exact restrictions, you won't have to explain them every night. However, the order will be available the next day even if you eat in another MDR.

You are not limited to the door hanger room service menu. Since you have the Premier package, you can order using OceanNow or telephone at no charge. You may be able to get some options ordering by phone that aren't listed. Ask your head waiter about the options when you talk with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NavyVeteran said:

You will need to talk with a head waiter (or dining room manager they're called today) in the MDR. Each evening he will give you the next day's menu (dinner and if a sea day lunch) for you to order ahead. You are not limited to the items that fit your restrictions, since they will be able to modify other items to fit your restrictions - that's why they take the order a day in advance. It's easier if you eat in the same dining room each evening, since you would be dealing with the same head waiter there. Once he learns your exact restrictions, you won't have to explain them every night. However, the order will be available the next day even if you eat in another MDR.

You are not limited to the door hanger room service menu. Since you have the Premier package, you can order using OceanNow or telephone at no charge. You may be able to get some options ordering by phone that aren't listed. Ask your head waiter about the options when you talk with him.

Thanks this is helpful.  Sure wish someone else who has been through this could help as well.  I mean I assume there are dairy free “milks” on board that I can get with coffee or room service, but are there?  Is there GF toast and bread?  Maybe someone who has been through this will see this thread.  Thanks for the help, though.  

11 hours ago, CPs4591 said:

Thanks this is helpful.  Sure wish someone else who has been through this could help as well.  I mean I assume there are dairy free “milks” on board that I can get with coffee or room service, but are there?  Is there GF toast and bread?  Maybe someone who has been through this will see this thread.  Thanks for the help, though.  

I don't have personal experience with dairy free. My SIL had no problem getting gluten-free pastries. After the first morning, they would bring a tray of gluten-free pastries by the table for her to select from. However this was the suite breakfast in Sabatini's, so I would not expect the same service elsewhere. But they difinitely have gluten-free items on board.

• Like 1

For sure the IC has dairy free milk available.  I have seen soy and almond milks there.  As described upthread, I work with the headwaiter/DRM my first night. I also ask questions at the buffet - they will grab a chef to help you with choices. Your special meal ordered through the DRM is prepared in a different galley where cross contamination is eliminated.

Sorry, but I never order room service breakfast and do not worry about gluten.  But I can tell you that Princess does a better job of dealing with food allergies and sensitivities than the other two lines I have sailed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2024 at 10:12 PM, CPs4591 said:

I haven't sailed Princess in a while and my allergies are different from yours, but I was watching videos on YouTube and they showed a whole section of gluten-free pastries and muffins at breakfast and at least one gluten-free dessert was shown each day.  Every cruise I have been on they recommend that you not eat in the buffet if you have allergies, but mine are mostly annoyances, not life threatening. At the buffet, someone can get a chef to help you with ingredient info. I'm sure there is at least one non-dairy "milk" on board, but if you want a specific brand or type, I would recommend bringing your own. Although this is a really old email address, you can and reach out to dietaryrequest@princesscruises.com with your questions.

• Like 1

Lactose free milk not an issue.  Also soy and/or almond milk on board in my experience.

Just need to let Princess know your dietary restrictions.  Ordering room service breakfast, found it easier to go to the buffet.  Better choice and hot food then was hot.