BOS - NRT - SIN/1:45 layover?

wojomom

Looking at JL0007 BOS-NRT arriving 4:15pm and departing JL0711 NRT-SIN at 6:00pm, booked on one ticket.

From research it appears both will be in T2 but I see conflicting information on security screening in that recently flights from the US will no longer need to do this.

Is the screening still needed, and is 1:45 enough time? Also, I do believe checked bags will go directly to SIN and I will not need to collect and recheck at NRT - is this correct?

Whether or not you have to go through a security screening, you are fine with this connection.  There is dedicated screening for those doing connections and it goes easily.

As long as your flights are on one ticket, your bags will be checked in at BOS and you will see them in SIN.

Two JAL tips:  Take the Japanese meal onboard - quite good and is not full of "strange" food, just very flavorful.  And if you enjoy good whiskey, pick up a bottle of Japanese whiskey at the NRT duty-free.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Whether or not you have to go through a security screening, you are fine with this connection.  There is dedicated screening for those doing connections and it goes easily.

As long as your flights are on one ticket, your bags will be checked in at BOS and you will see them in SIN.

Two JAL tips:  Take the Japanese meal onboard - quite good and is not full of "strange" food, just very flavorful.  And if you enjoy good whiskey, pick up a bottle of Japanese whiskey at the NRT duty-free.

Thank you! Excellent advice and I will make sure to do both of these!