VV App - Not that bad???

lesters

16 minutes ago, kruzgal said:

Thanks for this. Out of interest how easy would it be to book a table for 5 people at the 45 days ahead release? I really don’t want to spend a lot of money and then find we are left not able to try the different restaurants. It is the one thing that is putting me off this trip. 

I’ve personally not had a problem booking for four, but only done it once in a standard cabin and once as rockstar (so earlier at 60 days). The major thing to remember when booking 45 days out is less than half the reservations are available to book, the others are held back to book onboard. Therefore you’ll likely be able to move things around once on the ship.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kruzgal said:

Thanks for this. Out of interest how easy would it be to book a table for 5 people at the 45 days ahead release? I really don’t want to spend a lot of money and then find we are left not able to try the different restaurants. It is the one thing that is putting me off this trip. 

Sometimes it is impossible to book anything at 45 days, but that is an app problem, not an availability problem,  If the app is not working, your TA can go to their portal and make reservations for you.  And if all else fails, you can call VV the next morning and book on the phone.  Finally, somewhere around half the reservations are held back for booking after boarding.  You may not get each restaurant on the night you want or exactly the time you want, but you will not be "shut out" from the various restaurants.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kruzgal said:

I was only booking for two but when I started just as it opened I had all the choices.   

i did go into making my reservations with a plan in mind.  I knew what time we wanted and an idea of the order of restaurants that we wanted to book.  The only variable was when scarlet night was…. I had to go back in and adjust one booking to make sure we were able to be done early enough for all of the scarlet night events.   FYI - I booked all our dinners at 8:00. 

9 hours ago, kruzgal said:

I've had good experiences making dinner reservations and terrible experiences.  For my upcoming trip, I caught the whole system failure.  The app crashed after I'd gotten 2 or 3 nights reserved, and at the same time the TA portal and the set up for the guys you call at Sailor Services failed.  It was a day or two before anything was working again.  No big deal--we can adjust dining on board, and I've never starved on a ship....no matter what line....

• Like 2