Sea day suggestions

7 hours ago, lepidoptera said:

Since so many are mentioning the spa, I just wanted to say from reviews of the Sun I’ve read it does not have a thermal suite.So no stone loungers etc. and since it is different there were no pre-cruise purchases in the review I read.

For things to do-how about taking us a long on a live 😜? I joke but I would totally read a Hawaii to Alaska cruise. 

Things I do: knit or other crafts, sudoku and other puzzles, trivia, reading. I’ve done a transatlantic and ended up taking more naps than one would expect, the constant time changes do get to you. 

Wow, I hadn't thought about the slow roll "jet lag" you would get on a transatlantic crossing...at least on this cruise it shouldn't be a problem,  other than the real jet lag flying from West Virginia to Vancouver the day before.

1 hour ago, jrt.mom said:

Wow, I hadn't thought about the slow roll "jet lag" you would get on a transatlantic crossing...at least on this cruise it shouldn't be a problem,  other than the real jet lag flying from West Virginia to Vancouver the day before.

We ended up having 7 time changes because we boarded Spain was still on Summer time and disembarked on the day daylight saving time ended- six of them in a row due to our route changing due to bad weather. I was on royal with fixed dining which I did not think helped, since I couldn’t eat later. I will totally do a transatlantic again though. 

Jet lag shouldn’t be that bad for West Virginia to Vancouver. 

On 4/7/2024 at 12:46 AM, gizfish said:

Don't just do something.  Sit there.  Forced relaxation is a wonderful thing.

Hmmm.... I can Sit There on my front porch and be relaxed. People who take cruises are looking for suggestions on how to maximize their cruise experience. I always need a vacation after taking a cruise because I am doing things I can't do at home. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Hmmm.... I can Sit There on my front porch and be relaxed. People who take cruises are looking for suggestions on how to maximize their cruise experience. I always need a vacation after taking a cruise because I am doing things I can't do at home. 

What he said...I've always felt like I need a vacation from my vacation!

11 hours ago, dexddd said:

The Sun is an older, smaller ship. There is a front lounge to read.  Buffet is small but breakfast and lunch items port side in separate venue.

IIRC, they have the overflow in LaCucina.  At lunch they had the noodle bar and pizza.  It's a great option, and tended to be quieter than the buffet proper.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Hmmm.... I can Sit There on my front porch and be relaxed.

Can you see the ocean and an occasional whale from your front porch?  Does some nice dude serve you drinks?  Do you get sea air and a nice relaxing rocking of your porch?

23 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Can you see the ocean and an occasional whale from your front porch?  Does some nice dude serve you drinks?  Do you get sea air and a nice relaxing rocking of your porch?

Yes. I can see the ocean from my front porch. 

25 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That does it, I'm moving to Bird's house...

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. I can see the ocean from my front porch. 

Good for you!!!!  I'm not surprised.🤣

Is it the same view I get from a cruise ship?😎

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

Posted (edited)

I love sea days.  I eat a relaxed breakfast in the dining room.  Have a spa treatment, read, do the daily crossword/Sudoko puzzles, play trivia, and people watch.  

Edited by cincicruisers