Just off the Magic (Mar 30 - Apr 6) (writeup)

20 hours ago, SDPadreFan said:

Great review. We had a B2B scheduled on Magic in a Spa Balcony but that got canceled due to a "certain pandemic". We'll get back to her eventually.

With regard to the tripping hazard and leaving the bathroom light on, we bought these magnetized night lights on Amazon and they now go with us on every cruise. They stick right on the metal walls.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MHVTHQS

Because they are motion sensing, the first night, you just have to figure out where they work best and don't automatically trip on every time you move around in bed. Once that is set, everything is good to go. BUT REMEMBER to take them with you when the cruise is over. They are easy to forget on debarkation morning. We actually have a little "post cruise" packing list so we don't leave anything behind.

Someone also mentioned magnetic hooks and we have those as well. They are great for hanging, hats, jackets, etc. on the wall to reduce clutter. Some people like those over the door organizers. We use one of them on "some" cruises, but with STRONG magnetic hooks, we can hang it on a wall vice the bathroom door. I mention STRONG magnetic hooks because the rating is for pulling them OFF the wall, not for horizontal strength (what keeps them from sliding down the wall). So strong is better. On an Alaska cruise, you might have a heavier jacket to hang on those hooks. These are the ones we have.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08F55SKST

For the door organizer, we went with this one. Again - only used for certain cruises.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HH6NLQ4

Thanks for the link to the magnets.  This will be my first cruise with a CPAP and I was looking for some hooks to keep the extension cord off the floor.  These should work just fine.

From what I've read on Carnivals website, it says you can't bring extension cords- since i'm not traveling solo this oct on the magic, i was hoping to bring an extension cord for my curling iron etc- would they take it from me? also do all the cabins have small refrigerators or is it certain cabins, we're in an interior on deck 2?

Thanks for your help...

9 minutes ago, nancy1031 said:

From what I've read on Carnivals website, it says you can't bring extension cords- since i'm not traveling solo this oct on the magic, i was hoping to bring an extension cord for my curling iron etc- would they take it from me? also do all the cabins have small refrigerators or is it certain cabins, we're in an interior on deck 2?

Thanks for your help...

Out of 25 cruises, I was surprised once when I found my stateroom didn't have a small refrigerator.  We got a bucket of ice everyday.  I'm not sure which ship, sorry but probably an older one. We have brought a power strip that doesn't have surge protection and that doesn't seem to be an issue.