Car Rental in Dover

musicismylife

We are doing a transatlantic that ends in Dover and then staying an addition couple of weeks in England. We will need to rent a car, pick up in Dover and drop off at Gatwick. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Or should we try renting in Canterbury instead?

Thanks!

36 minutes ago, musicismylife said:

We are doing a transatlantic that ends in Dover and then staying an addition couple of weeks in England. We will need to rent a car, pick up in Dover and drop off at Gatwick. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? Or should we try renting in Canterbury instead?

Thanks!

All the big chains operate out of Dover and all the big companies should allow a drop off to a different location.
It's always going to be more expensive to drop off at a different location but you really don't have a choice, if you took a bus or train to Gatwick and hired from there it would probably cost more in the fares.

I'm not sure where Canterbury comes into the equation but I can't think of a reason it would be an advantage to hire from there as you are still returning to a different location.
If you have a favourite car hire company where you have status, try them or, my advice, is to use Kayak to do a comparison.
https://www.kayak.co.uk/cars

• Thanks 1