Medallion ordering glitch?

Muffinz

Posted (edited)

I went on the app and ordered the medallions for our cruise in December

However, when I went to finalise the order it came up saying I had selected 'home delivery' - which is incorrect as we live in New Zealand, so I cancelled the order, went back in and found the box to tick 'pick up at port' and I completed the order for both of us.

Now I've got 2 e-mails from Princess 4 minutes apart

The first e-mail says "You requested to have your order shipped to your home. Your Medallion® devices and any products you ordered will be shipped 10 to 20 days before your Princess" 

The second says "Your Medallion® order is scheduled and will be waiting for you when you arrive at the terminal on embarkation day"

now I'm confused as to what's going to happen... I assume the 2nd e-mail is correct and our medallions will be waiting for us at the cruise terminal? 

also my wife saw the e-mail and it was in her name (she did the cruise booking with Princess)... and she asked if I had ordered a medallion for myself - which I had done on the app, but the e-mail only says the word Medallion not Medallions and there's no mention of my name on the e-mail, only her name.

Can I assume that because the booking is in her name both medallions have been ordered and they (Princess) just send 1 e-mail to the registered e-mail address we share - or should I have received a separate e-mail?

any advice would be appreciated!

Edited by Muffinz

When ordering, you have to select all the details for both medallions, even if all you choose is the free lanyard. If you only did it for 1, then you only ordered one. If you did it for both of you, then you have it covered for both. You may have only ordered hers if you didn't walk through the process for both

9 hours ago, jennybenny said:

When ordering, you have to select all the details for both medallions, even if all you choose is the free lanyard. If you only did it for 1, then you only ordered one. If you did it for both of you, then you have it covered for both. You may have only ordered hers if you didn't walk through the process for both

thanks - on the app it says both have been ordered.... but there was only 1 e-mail with wifes name on it

I was wondering if Princess just send 1 e-mail per booking number?

37 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

thanks - on the app it says both have been ordered.... but there was only 1 e-mail with wifes name on it

I was wondering if Princess just send 1 e-mail per booking number?

If both are ordered at the same time, it's one email. 

4 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

If both are ordered at the same time, it's one email. 

thanks... I wondered if that was the case... strange how the e-mail said Medallion and not Medallions as there are 2 of us on the booking...