Balcony cabins

Looking to book an Alaskan Cruise ....I have a balcony offer....Aft-view extended, Extended and regular balcony.  Which one do you prefer....I've only had the regular balcony

Aft view will let you see sights to both sides of the ship as opposed to being limited to whatever happens to be on the side you chose. If cost were no factor and I was planning to spend a lot of time on my balcony that's what I would go with. Depending on what time of year you are going I've also seen people mention that it could be quite chilly on the balconies and they ended up not using them as much as they thought they would so that's something else to keep in mind. Now in fairness I haven't done an Alaskan cruise yet so my advice may be worth what you paid for it.🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Megan_Strick said:

I had aft once. The only downfall is its a looooong walk to get there but the view is 10x better.

The long walk offsets the calories from that extra dessert, it's a plus in my book!

• Like 3

If it were our choice, we would go with an Aft balcony as long as it’s in the budget and has cabins above and below. 
Enjoy…no matter what you choose!

I am in the minority here - I'll never do an aft extended view balcony again.  Between the soot all over the balcony and vibrations that would wake us up in the middle of the night, once was more than enough.  

26 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

I am in the minority here - I'll never do an aft extended view balcony again.  Between the soot all over the balcony and vibrations that would wake us up in the middle of the night, once was more than enough.  

I am curious if the soot and vibrations are better or worse depending on ship class, I can't speak to soot but I know the few aft cabins I've cruised in on Fantasy-class ships vibration wasn't an issue.

4 minutes ago, nc762shooter said:

I am curious if the soot and vibrations are better or worse depending on ship class, I can't speak to soot but I know the few aft cabins I've cruised in on Fantasy-class ships vibration wasn't an issue.

That's a good point - we were on Miracle (and that was before she went into drydock so maybe the issue causing the vibrations has been fixed).