Europe 2007 Itinerary Info

calikak

Hello. New to the board and saw this thread which prompts me to ask some questions since we will be sailing Princess in the summer:

If you call your TA now and book one of the 2007 cruises which are "not listed" on the regular sites but only your TA can see them, won't you be putting a full deposit down now?

What is the downside to waiting and book while on the Princess cruise using the $100 future cruise credit?

Just trying to understand what the scramble is to book now when the cruises aren't being listed on all the regular sites, including Princess.:confused:

PTC

Hello. New to the board and saw this thread which prompts me to ask some questions since we will be sailing Princess in the summer:

If you call your TA now and book one of the 2007 cruises which are "not listed" on the regular sites but only your TA can see them, won't you be putting a full deposit down now?

What is the downside to waiting and book while on the Princess cruise using the $100 future cruise credit?

Just trying to understand what the scramble is to book now when the cruises aren't being listed on all the regular sites, including Princess.:confused:

PTC

If you wait until this summer to book three things could happen... Price could go up as the demand for Europe is insane, all the good cabins could be gone and thirdly, the sailing that you want may be full....just think of it as the more you pay now the less you'll have to pay later.

PTC

The only downsides I can think of is that you won't be able to get the exact cabin you want or, depending on the cruise and ship, the cruise may sell out very quickly.

I called my ta to book a Princess European Cruise for 2007. She said she called Princess Friday and they did not have any pricing and could not book it. Can you please let me know how some people can book a cruise and others not?

Is there some way that I can make sure I can get my cruise booked? Thank you.

Apparently bookings opened up for TAs at 4 am this morning, and the rush began. To answer PTC's question, I think that most of this discussion has been by people who have purchased one or several future booking reservations on previous cruises that are sitting on our desks, just waiting for our desired cruises to open up.

Most of us who have been talking here want specific cabins and/or want an itinerary that will only be offered once in 2007. The one that Mike & I booked has only been offered by Princess once in the past 6 years, maybe 10 years, because of the various wars in the middle east. Other lines that do offer it charge more, don't go to the ports we want and cram it all into a shorter period of time.

As far as prices going up, we're gambling here. They have NOT told us what the Early Booking Discount (aka LoveBoat Savers) price will be; we were willing to book at full brochure price because of one of the above reasons, and we know that, in a few weeks when the advance booking price becomes available, we'll have to ask our TAs to have our bookings re-priced.

On the other hand, PTC, I seriously doubt that any of these cruises will fill up in the next couple of months. So, if you're not dead set on a particular cabin and if you're not interested in an itinerary that will only be offered once in the whole year, AND if you don't have a future booking reservation sitting around, then do wait till your cruise to take advantage of the lower deposit through the future bookings desk onboard.

Charlotte

Friday morning, I was able to book the Royal Princess Rome to Venice for Sept 17, 2007. But when I got the e-mail confirmation with the itinerary Friday night, realized it was not the ports we were looking for. So this morning, I switched to the Emerald Princess on Sept 2, 2007. Would rather be on a smaller ship for a Greek island cruise, and the the Royal would remind us of our first cruise together on the Tahitian Princess, but We wanted the itinerary that the Emerald is running next year.

There are Early Booking Discounts for the Emerald, but not for the Royal, at this time.

Ed

Thanks PWILLCRUISE!

Up til now, my TA has been told by the Princess reps here in NZ that bookings were not going to be open until May, maybe the information takes awhile to find its way down here! Hopefully she has been able to find out something over the weekend.

See my post for Sunday April,2, 2006. I called Princess direct Saturday and was able to book the Emerald Princess for the end of May 2007. Will transfer booking to my TA and hopefully, get additional credits and/or better price. We wanted rear cabin on Baja deck and got it now problem. If you go to the Princess web site you will not see any items re Emerald Princess.

Best of luck Cruisers

Friday morning, I was able to book the Royal Princess Rome to Venice for Sept 17, 2007. But when I got the e-mail confirmation with the itinerary Friday night, realized it was not the ports we were looking for. So this morning, I switched to the Emerald Princess on Sept 2, 2007. Would rather be on a smaller ship for a Greek island cruise, and the the Royal would remind us of our first cruise together on the Tahitian Princess, but We wanted the itinerary that the Emerald is running next year.

There are Early Booking Discounts for the Emerald, but not for the Royal, at this time.

Ed

Flyboy Ed: Can you email me the ports that Emerald visits on that sailing? We are interested in Greek Isles/Med also for the fall 2007. Our TA said they didn't have any information yet :confused: email is: juliadlf@hotmail.com

Thanks

Julia

JULIA, The itinerary* to cruise Europe on the EP on Sun Sep 2, 2007 from Civitavecchia is shown below:

Arrival Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrival

Time

Boarding

Time

Departure

Time

Remarks

Sep 2 2007

SUN

CIVITAVECCHIA

0100P

0600P

Sep 3 2007

MON

MONTE CARLO

0700A

0530P

0600P

TENDER REQUIRED

Sep 4 2007

TUE

LIVORNO

0630A

0530P

0600P

Sep 5 2007

WED

NAPLES

0800A

0630P

0700P

Sep 6 2007

THU

AT SEA

Sep 7 2007

FRI

SANTORINI

0700A

0530P

0600P

TENDER REQUIRED

Sep 8 2007

SAT

KUSADASI

0800A

0430P

0500P

Sep 9 2007

SUN

MYKONOS

0700A

0530P

0600P

Sep 10 2007

MON

ATHENS

0600A

0515P

0545P

Sep 11 2007

TUE

KATAKOLON

0800A

0430P

0500P

Sep 12 2007

WED

CORFU

0700A

0430P

0500P

Sep 13 2007

THU

VENICE

1000P

OVERNIGHT

Sep 14 2007

FRI

VENICE

0500A

PWILLCRUISE

We booked a B2B on the Royal today. Grand Mediterranean for Nov 16, 2007 followed by the Three Continents Transatlantic on November 28th. Like craven3 said, we will have to revisit the pricing when (if) Early Bird prices are announced.

PWILLCRUISE: Thank you for the itinerary.

Would I be correct to assume that the reverse cruise starting on the 9/14/07 date would be:

Venice, Corfu, Katakolon, Athens, Mykonos,Kusadasi, Santorini, Naples, Livorno, Monte Carlo and then Rome?

Thanks

Julia

I tried to call Princess on Sunday, April 1st, and was told to call back in late April or early May for summer 2007 sailings of the Golden and/ or Grand in Europe. Right now I'm interested in the Grand's listing that Susy listed that starts in England, sails for 12 days, and visits Ireland, Scotland, France, Belgium, Norway and Denmark. How can I get dates, prices and more itinerary for this cruise before the rush begins? Anyone have any suggestions on the best inside cabin? Thanks for help! I'm am new to sailing Princess but I loved this European itinerary

CRUISE JUNKY

I am looking for a Transatlantic for the fall of 2007. Which ship doesn't make a difference since I have never cruised with Princess before.

Julia,

Would I be correct to assume that the reverse cruise starting on the 9/14/07 date would be: No...Venice to Barcelona...Itinerary is Venice,at sea,Athens,Kusadasi,Istanbul,MyKONOS,At sea,Naples,Civitav(Rome),Livorno,Marseille,Barcelona.

Should have looked it up for you.

PWILLCRUISE

CRUISE JUNKY

I am looking for a Transatlantic for the fall of 2007. Which ship doesn't make a difference since I have never cruised with Princess before.

I think Travelocity has a couple of them listed already...just to Princess/Europe and scroll through until you see the 2007s. Emerald and Royal aren't there. I'll see if I can find them.

Julia,

Would I be correct to assume that the reverse cruise starting on the 9/14/07 date would be: No...Venice to Barcelona...Itinerary is Venice,at sea,Athens,Kusadasi,Istanbul,MyKONOS,At sea,Naples,Civitav(Rome),Livorno,Marseille,Barcelona.

Should have looked it up for you.

PWILLCRUISE

Thanks PWILLCRUISE for updating that for me. Sounds like the 9/14/07 is nice also.

Julia

Our travel agent had to be insistent, because the Princess reservationist initially told her that the booking couldn't be made until May. The TA explained that we were frequent repeaters (actually, Elite level) and they agreed to do it. They even gave us the "early booking" discount, so those rates must be available now. As I expeted, the price is high, but we can keep our fingers crossed for later reductions.

After reading others' posts, I decided we should try one of the aft balcony cabins, so we are in category BA, cabin 6090, which is the port aft on deck 6 (between the big suites). My only concern about aft cabin balconies is that it's possible for soot from the stack to collect on the furniture. This happened to friends on the Dawn. Has anyone had that experience on the Tahitian or the Pacific?

The itinerary is as follows:

6-25, Venice, departure 10PM

6-26, Ravenna, 8-6

6-27, Split, 8-5

6-28, Kotor, 8-5

6-29, Corfu, 9-6

6-30, at sea (unfortunately, the only one !)

7-1, Valletta (Malta), 8-5

7-2, Messina (Sicily), 8-6

7-3, Sorrento (tender port), 7-5

7-4, Ajaccio (Corsica), 12-7

7-5, Monte Carlo (tender port), 7-6

7-6, Portofino (tender port), 7-5

7-7, Civitavecchia (for Rome), arrival 5 AM

How wonderful that Princess is giving the name of our beloved Royal to a ship that will visit some of the more unusual ports!

Archived