Asia 2026 & Flights

seb530

We are looking at Asia Jan 2026 but how do people work it with flights as Princess dont seem to have them included.
Do you wait and book your own (risky?) or do through a TA?

For flights to Asia in Spring 2026, most airlines won't release their schedules until Spring 2025.  EZAir usually has flights available for booking 330 days peior to the RETURN date of the cruise.  So you have at least a year before any flight information will be available.  This applies to all the 3rd party booking sites as well as the airlines own websites.

You can get a general idea of costs and schedules by looking at some of the latest dates that a Kayak or Travelocity or Google Flights will have flights available for, but as for booking,you're still a year out from being able to get specific flights arranged.

• Like 3

I agree with DCThunder. You could check Princess Air when it becomes available, about 330 days before departure. That would be the same time frame for a TA or yourself.

Thanks, some companies already bundle other cruises (e.g celebrity for asia) and just wondered how people did it.  In the uk i guess if you dont purchase through a TA and anything goes wrong with connections etc you are on your own and down to your insurance

2 hours ago, seb530 said:

Thanks, some companies already bundle other cruises (e.g celebrity for asia) and just wondered how people did it.  In the uk i guess if you dont purchase through a TA and anything goes wrong with connections etc you are on your own and down to your insurance

Even those cruise lines which include some amount of airfare in the cruise price won't be able to provide actual flight itineraries and connections more than 360 days before departure.  If you book directly with the airline and "something goes wrong" you will deal directly with the airline regarding rebookings.

As said flights are not available for usually 330 days out.  Occasionally 360 days and some airlines 180 days.

Do understand that EZAir is a consolidator and if things go sideways you might have complications in that many EZAir tickets have lots of restrictions.

BE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND ALL T GG E TICKETING RULES.

Also whole EZAir will assist you in getting to your cruise, they are not an airline and do not guarantee your timely arrival.

Check fares on your own direct with the airlines.  If EZAir gas a significant savings book with them.  Fares the same, book direct.   And #1 fly in the day before your cruise. #2 make sure you have adequate connection time.  Many "legal connecting times" mean you will likely miss your ongoing flight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seb530 said:

At first I didn't understand your comment about it being risky.  Now I get it.  With missed connections that are the airline's fault, they will put you on an alternative flight.  That doesn't mean it will be the best alternative or get you to your destination on time. Is that different than if booked through your TA?    

Out of pure curiosity, in your neck of the woods, when booking an international flight (not with a cruise) do you normally use a travel agent?   

2 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

As said flights are not available for usually 330 days out.  Occasionally 360 days and some airlines 180 days.

Do understand that EZAir is a consolidator and if things go sideways you might have complications in that many EZAir tickets have lots of restrictions.

BE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND ALL T GG E TICKETING RULES.

Also whole EZAir will assist you in getting to your cruise, they are not an airline and do not guarantee your timely arrival.

Check fares on your own direct with the airlines.  If EZAir gas a significant savings book with them.  Fares the same, book direct.   And #1 fly in the day before your cruise. #2 make sure you have adequate connection time.  Many "legal connecting times" mean you will likely miss your ongoing flight.

Good advice.  I don't think EZAir is different than anyone else when it comes to guaranteeing a timely arrival.  No one can really guarantee that.     

6 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Good advice.  I don't think EZAir is different than anyone else when it comes to guaranteeing a timely arrival.  No one can really guarantee that.     

The difficulty with EZAir is if there is a problem (that 1% of flights) you must go through them to get things sorted.  For example your ticket likely cannot be changed to another airline without EZAir involved.  A bit more complex

Also the consolidators often gave strange routings and impossible connections.  A neighbor was given a 30 minute connection in Dallas-Fort Worth.  Missed his flight.  That required more changes and 4 more flights and a bus ride! to finally catch up with his cruise in Costa Rica 5 days later.  EZAir agent from outside the US did not know several much better alternatives. 

34 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The difficulty with EZAir is if there is a problem (that 1% of flights) you must go through them to get things sorted.  For example your ticket likely cannot be changed to another airline without EZAir involved.  A bit more complex

Also the consolidators often gave strange routings and impossible connections.  A neighbor was given a 30 minute connection in Dallas-Fort Worth.  Missed his flight.  That required more changes and 4 more flights and a bus ride! to finally catch up with his cruise in Costa Rica 5 days later.  EZAir agent from outside the US did not know several much better alternatives. 

Your neighbor's experience is a horror story. Short connections should not be allowed.  Sadly, even booking directly with the airline will often have short connection options, labeled nonstandard (or whatever term they use).   No way I would do 30 minutes at any airport.  Sadly those without experience will rely on the booking agent to make a viable routing.  Let the flyer beware!   

As far as having to go through EZAir for problems, I suppose that would depend on the problem.   Changing a ticket to another carrier is interesting. In the bad old days there was some reciprocity between airlines.  Those days seem to be long gone.  

Just now, ldubs said:

Your neighbor's experience is a horror story. Short connections should not be allowed.  Sadly, even booking directly with the airline will often have short connection options, labeled nonstandard (or whatever term they use).   No way I would do 30 minutes at any airport.  Sadly those without experience will rely on the booking agent to make a viable routing.  Let the flyer beware!   

As far as having to go through EZAir for problems, I suppose that would depend on the problem.  It isn't really any different than other TAs.  Changing a ticket to another carrier is interesting. In the bad old days there was some reciprocity between airlines.  Those days seem to be long gone.  

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2024 at 1:17 AM, ldubs said:

At first I didn't understand your comment about it being risky.  Now I get it.  With missed connections that are the airline's fault, they will put you on an alternative flight.  That doesn't mean it will be the best alternative or get you to your destination on time. Is that different than if booked through your TA?    

Out of pure curiosity, in your neck of the woods, when booking an international flight (not with a cruise) do you normally use a travel agent?   

Hi sorry for the delay. No, i wouldnt necessarily book just a flight with a TA but i would probably consider it if i was looking for accommodation (same as  a cruise really) as if there are any issues then the TA is responsible for sorting things out and the costs.

• Thanks 1