Viking: Zurich to Paris

deec

We are doing this cruise in the Fall.  I am wondering if the the last hotel stay of the cruise ( Paris)  will be the same hotel that Viking will use for its post extension in Paris?  We will definitly spend two more days in Paris and trying to decide if it easier to stay with the Viking post extension ( even though it will cost more) so that we won't loose time in Paris moving hotels.

12 hours ago, CielBleu said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "the last hotel stay of the cruise."  Don't you stay on the ship?

The cruise terminates at Trier. Guests doing the Zurich>Paris trip are bussed to Paris to spend two nights in a hotel. Similarly the cruise doesn't start in Zurich; guests spend two nights in a hotel there before being bussed to the boat moored in Basel.

I did the cruise part Basel>Trier last year but all (or the majority) of the Americans were booked Zurich to Paris. The Programme Director accompanied them all the way.

By the way @deec you might want to check the schedule of your Paris stay. The Viking site promises on the last day - Day 12

Take an evening illumination sail along the Seine to better explore the “City of Light.

Yet on the details it says After breakfast, check out of your hotel and journey home. Can't do both.

My trip report of the Basel>Trier cruise is here

• Thanks 1