Is there any shopping at Half Moon Cay?

1 hour ago, Megan_Strick said:

I would like to get my grandson something from there. I use my s&s card there, right? It's my first time there.

Yes there is shopping but you can't use your S & S card. Cash or Credit/Debit. HMC system isn't coded for Carnival Cruise Lines to charge to onboard accounts. That's also why you can't use the drink packages in port.

• Like 1

There is a small straw market sort of thing at HMC, similar to what you find in Freeport although even smaller and more quaint. Fitting the theme of HMC.

The last time I bought something on HMC in the market - granted it's been years ago. I was pretty sure they wrote me a paper receipt for the purchase and it was later charged on my S&S account once they got back onboard and processed all the paper receipts.

1 hour ago, starstruck05 said:

Yes there is shopping but you can't use your S & S card. Cash or Credit/Debit. HMC system isn't coded for Carnival Cruise Lines to charge to onboard accounts. That's also why you can't use the drink packages in port.

You can use your sign & sail card in the indoor gift shops and at the bars but not at the straw market.  We were there in January and I used my sign & sail at a gift shop and to buy drinks and paid cash at the straw market. 

Carnival did have the payment information listed in the Fun Times for HMC so that was helpful to know to bring cash for the straw market.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

You can use your sign & sail card in the indoor gift shops and at the bars but not at the straw market.  We were there in January and I used my sign & sail at a gift shop and to buy drinks and paid cash at the straw market. 

Carnival did have the payment information listed in the Fun Times for HMC so that was helpful to know to bring cash for the straw market.

I've only been to HMC once and I couldn't use my s & s but looks like from Jam's post it's a certain areas. I only remember the area in the pic he posted.

2 minutes ago, 1st said:

What if you have the Alcohol package, can you use this on the island to buy drinks?

NO, the Cheers package can only be used on the ship.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, starstruck05 said:

Good to know! I figured you would use your s&s. I'll bring cash.