Folio Entry "Referred to Corporate Finance"??

Yehootu

We have been on the Majestic Princess since 03/31. We started with a 10day Queensland cruise with was in AUD, and now since 04/10 a 30day Transpacific cruise using USD. Besides the daily trips to GS to get random bar charges removed as we have Plus, on the 10th we each got a "Referred to Corporate Finance" charge. I asked on my daily visit what the charge was for and was at first told, I don't know, then maybe it has to be due to the AUD to USD conversion. Today, 2 days after the 1st charge, another one is posted. I'm getting to know all the GS agents. This is getting old,not really taking up my time as I go at 0500 while getting my wife's coffee.

19 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

We have been on the Majestic Princess since 03/31. We started with a 10day Queensland cruise with was in AUD, and now since 04/10 a 30day Transpacific cruise using USD. Besides the daily trips to GS to get random bar charges removed as we have Plus, on the 10th we each got a "Referred to Corporate Finance" charge. I asked on my daily visit what the charge was for and was at first told, I don't know, then maybe it has to be due to the AUD to USD conversion. Today, 2 days after the 1st charge, another one is posted. I'm getting to know all the GS agents. This is getting old,not really taking up my time as I go at 0500 while getting my wife's coffee.

Does that mean you cannot get a drink or?  If so would sort it later.

Usually a referred to corporate finance means that you had refundable obc left at the end of a cruise and it is the amount of the refund. it is an accounting entry to zero out the account.

Normally it would only be at the end of a back to back cruise. I suspect in your case the on board charges for the first wad in AUD and the second is in USD. As a result they probably zerod the account at the end of the first instead of trying to deal with the currency change for account transferring to the second.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, TRLD said:

Usually a referred to corporate finance means that you had refundable obc left at the end of a cruise and it is the amount of the refund. it is an accounting entry to zero out the account.

Normally it would only be at the end of a back to back cruise. I suspect in your case the on board charges for the first wad in AUD and the second is in USD. As a result they probably zerod the account at the end of the first instead of trying to deal with the currency change for account transferring to the second.

That makes sense as to the 2 entries. A discrepancy had to be cleared. Mahalo

8 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Does that mean you cannot get a drink or?  If so would sort it later.

I wanted to get it sorted out before I put gift cards I have onto my account. Nothing stopping my getting a drink. Just have to be sure it doesn’t slide off the table