Incorrectly charged for Lotus Spa

lorri111

I just remembered an incident onboard on recent cruise- we noticed in folio in app that we were charged with amount to Lotus Spa - we took it to customer service who directed us to the Spa and they checked record - someone else (name seen, not us) had given our cabin number. It was no problem to get it reversed but how could it happen anyway, aren't they supposed to bill it via the medallion which would obviously not bring up our details? I would hate to think someone could buy something onboard by just giving a cabin number with no checks.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

I just remembered an incident onboard on recent cruise- we noticed in folio in app that we were charged with amount to Lotus Spa - we took it to customer service who directed us to the Spa and they checked record - someone else (name seen, not us) had given our cabin number. It was no problem to get it reversed but how could it happen anyway, aren't they supposed to bill it via the medallion which would obviously not bring up our details? I would hate to think someone could buy something onboard by just giving a cabin number with no checks.

Interesting situation. The spa should be checking your medallion when you check in, but I could see this happening. Someone could make a reservation and give a false room number at a spa promotion sign up event when staff are standing away from desk with clipboards. Then when the person checks on they could just say they forgot their medallion in their room. Would be pretty diabolical but a dishonest person might be able to pull it off. And without the actual medallion info to identify the person after the fact, they might not be able to figure it out. Glad you got it cleared up!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Interesting situation. The spa should be checking your medallion when you check in, but I could see this happening. Someone could make a reservation and give a false room number at a spa promotion sign up event when staff are standing away from desk with clipboards. Then when the person checks on they could just say they forgot their medallion in their room. Would be pretty diabolical but a dishonest person might be able to pull it off. And without the actual medallion info to identify the person after the fact, they might not be able to figure it out. Glad you got it cleared up!!

Just another reason to be paranoid and check app folio regularly- imagine having to sort this out after cruise (especially considering we haven't got our final folio email yet)

• Like 2

One other thing to watch for is not getting the Elite discount on services.  After getting a massage I noticed that the receipt had the full price and I pointed that out.  The massage therapist basically said oops, I'll process an adjustment.  Instead of reducing the charge she increased it, basically a $40 swing from what I expected.  I noticed that the next day and went back to the spa to get it fixed.  You really do need to stay on top of this stuff.

• Like 2

On our recent Discovery cruise, someone charged 4 drinks from the juice bar to our cabin for $32.00.  We had the plus package so it did not show on our folio as a charge.  I only noticed it because I went into the app to reorder drinks from recent drinks tab and noticed an additional order I never placed.  At that point, we didn't even know where the juice bar was.  Even though there was no actual charge to us I did let customer service know. 

This is why I go to the kiosk and print off my account every other day so as to stay on top of daily expenses. Easier to remember what you've spent every 2 days minimally.