Celebrity glacier excursion

We are going on the Summit in May and taking the Mendenhall canoe and hiking excursion. Has anyone gon and  can advise me on how difficult it is physically ? We Are in our 60s and relatively fit. Also, wondering if they provide boots to use over your shoes?

If your cruiseline doesn't offer detailed descriptions of each SE, pick another ship.  One of the biggest issues is pax who are 'unable to keep up' with the group.  Don't be one of those.

There is a description on the SE and it is listed as "strenuous" on the site.  Here are some excepts:  

Activity Level

Strenuous
This tour is not recommended for guests with pre-existing medical conditions such as cardiac, respiratory, or orthopedic conditions, including joint injuries or disease, or any other serious medical condition. Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving water-based activities. Guests should consider their swimming ability when selecting tours involving water-based activities.

Important details and advisements

• This tour is strenuous.
  • Guests must be at least 12 years old to participate.
  • Guests must be less than 6 feet 8 inches tall.
  • Guests must weigh less than 250 pounds to participate.
  • Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
  • Guests will be entering a wilderness environment without restroom facilities.
  • Guides will be available to explain protocol for disposing of human waste and Leave no Trace ethics to minimize our impact on wilderness areas.
  • Guests must be able to walk over potentially slippery rocks on the beach, and trek through primitive wilderness areas that include varied, wet, and uneven terrain.
  • Guests must be able to drag boats short distances and must be able to enter and exit watercraft.
  • Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
  • Guests will be entering a temperate rainforest environment and should dress accordingly.
  • Rain gear and all paddling and trekking gear will be provided except for hiking boots and personal clothing items.
  • Guests should be aware there are certain inherent risks involved in any paddling excursion.

They do not provide hiking boots or protective shoe covering that I can see.  This tour sounds great but even at my fitness level I don't think I would be cut out for it.  I highlighted the relevant parts and this came directly from the Celebrity description of the activity.