Haven question re booking sp restaurants----

I understand that if you book Haven, you can make your reservations 130 days out.  I have the address for the concierge that Gary kindly wrote out and said to make contact 130 days out.  I was just wondering why on my reservation it says I can book on line on April 26  (120 days out)--- Shouldn't it have said April 16, which would then be 130 days out for Haven guests?  Should I then just send my requests to the concierge in an email on April 16 and then book on line on the 26 as well, to make sure that I have the reservations? For those of you who have been in Haven, your advise is appreciated.  Thanks, Anita

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

I understand that if you book Haven, you can make your reservations 130 days out.  I have the address for the concierge that Gary kindly wrote out and said to make contact 130 days out.  I was just wondering why on my reservation it says I can book on line on April 26  (120 days out)--- Shouldn't it have said April 16, which would then be 130 days out for Haven guests?  Should I then just send my requests to the concierge in an email on April 16 and then book on line on the 26 as well, to make sure that I have the reservations? For those of you who have been in Haven, your advise is appreciated.  Thanks, Anita

It is a generic message that is not tailored to your booking. You can log on and make your reservations 130 days prior to departure. When you click on the "too early" link, you will get the reservation screen. 

Personally, we just do things ourselves so that we are confident that they are done "right" (the exact way we want). We find little/no value in the pre-concierge. 

We wait until we're onboard to build a rapport with our concierge and butler. The land-based concierge is just call center personnel assigned to handle Haven requests (regular or decaf coffee??? you get both by default).

Edited by BirdTravels

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We wait until we're onboard to build a rapport with our concierge and butler

💯 

Take time to get to know these people, and by all means, carry their cards with you around the ship. 

As an example, La Cucina gave us a hard time about taking a less than half eaten pizza back to our room. I was a bit surprised and innocently pulled out our butler's card and asked kindly, "oh do you need to call our Butler to come get it?" The server took our card and made arrangements with him to come get our leftovers for our planned late night feeding. (For the record, La Cucina was the only restaurant to give us a hard time. Others immediately knew exactly who our Butler was and called him with no pushback whatsoever. But i was glad to have his card handy in the one sitch i needed it).

Our concierge was amazing too. We were on Getaway and wanted to go to Wasabi. He tried to call to let them know we were coming but they didn't answer. We went for a walk there anyway and they had an hour wait so we decided to wait back in the Haven. The concierge saw us come back and asked what happened. It was no big deal to us but he kept calling and got us at the Haven bar to let us know the hostess @ Wasabi was waiting for us when we were ready. 

If we've booked late or weren't finding the reservation times we've needed, one thing we've also done successfully was send an email to shoreside concierge and asked them to forward our requests to the concierge onboard. This has worked for us 2x. The onboard concierge had our reservations already cared for before we boarded. 

Have fun!

Thank you so much to both replies.  Very informative.  Ok, so I will then click on "too early to reply" after I have logged in.  So it should hopefully work.  If it doesn't or I can't book the times I want for reservations, I will then email the land concierge address which sthrngary  graciously provided.  I already have that pre written on my "mail waiting to be sent"---- this is the first time I have booked Haven---testing the waters to see if it is what I would do again with NCL.  I'll respond again with how the booking the restaurants worked out. (April 16-17 ish).  Anita

57 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

Thank you so much to both replies.  Very informative.  Ok, so I will then click on "too early to reply" after I have logged in.  So it should hopefully work.  If it doesn't or I can't book the times I want for reservations, I will then email the land concierge address which sthrngary  graciously provided.  I already have that pre written on my "mail waiting to be sent"---- this is the first time I have booked Haven---testing the waters to see if it is what I would do again with NCL.  I'll respond again with how the booking the restaurants worked out. (April 16-17 ish).  Anita

It will certainly open up at 130 days (barring standard NCL website glitches). This is a common question and it always works out ok. Our bookings always say the date 120 days out and have never failed to actually open at the correct time.

Just want to let all of you guys/gals:  Yup, I went on computer at 9:05 (Pacific time on the 15th of April (for my 130 days out-- April 16---- and sure enough the reservations were open.  No problems at all. So thanks again, everyone!  Anita

• Like 1