Obstructed Aqua Suite on Beyond/Ascent?

roxannex

I just got a great upgrade deal from a concierge to a guaranteed suite, which turned out to be an aqua suite on deck 10. However, it is the one most forward and is a little obstructed. I did a search here and on the internet in general, and it seems like the obstruction isn't bad but the bridge can see down on you? I'm asking my TA if it's possible to switch because there are other open aqua suites very close to that one. But I just thought I'd see if anyone has been in one of those rooms.

Either way I'm going to be very happy. It was a very good price for the upgrade to a sky suite, and with the aqua now I can try Blu too and use the spa. 🙂

I think with guarantee you get what's available but you can try to move.  I did a move up bid to Sky Suite which was nice.  We had a shower curtain in the bathroom but it was the Beyond so no leakage problems.

23 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It really doesn't matter which AQ Sky Suite you are in. The bridge wing has a full clear view along the side of the ship, especially first 2 dozen or so from the front. 

Ah! I didn't realize that. Thanks! I couldn't really find pictures. 

18 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I think with guarantee you get what's available but you can try to move.  I did a move up bid to Sky Suite which was nice.  We had a shower curtain in the bathroom but it was the Beyond so no leakage problems.

Yes. I'm glad it's not an accessible cabin. I admit those didn't look as nice, and I like the bathroom stall in the regular cabins. I will be very happy no matter! I feel like I got a good deal!

We once had an aqua cabin near the bridge, and found it very interesting to watch them, especially entering and leaving ports.  They rarely looked behind except when docking etc. But there are ALWAYS camera watching the entire side of the ship fyi…Unless you’re planning some au natural moments and don’t like the proximity, i think you’ll find it just fine.

My TA switched us! Wow! That was super fast. She got us 10115 right down the hall. Wow. I am feeling great. I got an awesome deal. If you're on the May 12th Beyond, check out the suite deal right now. 

2 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

We once had an aqua cabin near the bridge, and found it very interesting to watch them, especially entering and leaving ports.  They rarely looked behind except when docking etc. But there are ALWAYS camera watching the entire side of the ship fyi…Unless you’re planning some au natural moments and don’t like the proximity, i think you’ll find it just fine.

Haha. Probably not me, but I cannot vouch for my mother. They might get an eyeful. 😉