Deep Blue Extras

Cloud9 Bob

So I have Sea Rover status now and just booked what will be a 3rd VV cruise in 2024...so I get to experience DBE for that 3rd sailing...yay!

My question stems from looking at the new Sailing Club categories VV is enacting. There is Sailing Club (1 voyage), Blue Extras (3-4 voyages), and Deep Blue Extras (5+ voyages). They also include a note under the Sailing Club DBE section that says DBE is "currently available to all Sea Blazers & Sea Rovers through the end of 2025."

Does this mean that I have to cruise with Virgin this 3rd time and 2 more for a total of 5 cruises or I lose DBE perks (or whatever they will call it) as of January 1, 2026??

Posted (edited)

If you cruised twice before the end of 2023 then you get the deep blue perks until the end of 2025. At present it’s not known what will happen in 2026 and whether people will get downgraded if they haven’t done four cruises by then.

oh for people who didn’t qualify in 2023 its that you get the deep blue benefits on the fifth cruise, you need four to gain them. For blue extras it’s two to gain them on the third. 

So for you about to do a third and if you don’t do any more, it could mean you don’t get deep blue in 2026 if they choose to downgrade.

Edited by jon81uk

If you qualified for DBE by 12/31/2023, you will keep the status until the end of 2025.    If you ddin't get status before then, you will get Blue Extras on your 3rd cruise and DBE on your 5th cruise.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

If you qualified for DBE by 12/31/2023, you will keep the status until the end of 2025.    If you ddin't get status before then, you will get Blue Extras on your 3rd cruise and DBE on your 5th cruise.

I got it in June of 2023, so I'm good until the end of 2025. What do you think they will do after that? Maybe extend it another year or make it less than it is now? Will we be jumping for joy or remembering the "old days" when we had all those perks??

2 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

I got it in June of 2023, so I'm good until the end of 2025. What do you think they will do after that? Maybe extend it another year or make it less than it is now? Will we be jumping for joy or remembering the "old days" when we had all those perks??

No idea.  My best guess is that they will go to the "third cruise" for "Blue Extras" and 5th cruise for "Deep Blue Extras."  THey have already changed the goodies from "per cabin" to "per person" which means more goodies for most of us....2 specialty tea/coffee for each qualified person per day rather than $10, a bag  of laundry for each person, etc.  Most of the rest is the same.  If you have 4 completed cruises, you should get the DBEs on the 5th cruise as of 2026...unless they change it again.  But with VV, it is anyone's guess.

Posted (edited)

If the primary has DBE and books a double occupancy cabin...I'd assume the secondary guest gets to embark early too? How about the premium wifi?

Edited by Cloud9 Bob

2 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

If the primary has DBE and books a double occupancy cabin...I'd assume the secondary guest gets to embark early too? How about the premium wifi?

Priority boarding and the  cocktail party are open to both people in the cabin.  Premium wifi is limited to either 2 or 3 devices (I've been told both by Sailor Services.). THey don't know who owns the devices that are on premium, but if you exceed the number, you will be charged.  You can flip between devices--just be sure you log off of one before logging onto another.
Last cruise, we each had DBE and were told it was 2 devices per person with DBE--that was plenty for us.  On our first cruise with DBE, they couldn't seem to find mine (even though I had the email to prove it), and they told us it was 3 devices total....so I would flip between my computer and my phone.

If you tic the box that says you are sharing a credit card, you can both use the coffee credit, as well as any loot and bar tab (DBE gives you $100 bar tab per DBE qualified person). This applies to any purchased bar tab as well as bonus on the purchase.  Same basically with laundry--it would go down to one bag per room, but they don't care or know who's stuff is in the bag.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

Did you go to the cocktail party? If so, where was it and how was it? 🙂

It’s usually at The Perch (but may be in On the Rocks if bad weather). There is sangria or sparkling wine and glasses are constantly topped up so you will get plenty. Usually the solo guitarist is playing. The Splash of Romance party is the same.

• Thanks 1

One of my favorite perks of DBEs is early checkin and boarding. 

I arrived at the port of Miami yesterday at 11 am and was immediately able to go through the advanced pre-check in process in the ground floor entrance lobby of Terminal V. I did have to “ask” for my Sea Rover wrist band though. She almost forgot to give one to me  The ban is required board in zone 2 or 3. Also this was my second cruise where Sea Rovers boarded before Splash of Romance sailors. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, raphael360 said:

I did have to “ask” for my Sea Rover wrist band though. She almost forgot to give one to me  The ban is required board in zone 2 or 3. Also this was my second cruise where Sea Rovers boarded before Splash of Romance sailors. 

That is interesting. I have the Sea Blazer wrist band that was mailed to me following my cruises in 2021. It is purple with a silver colored medallion that is engraved with SB. I wore it when I went on my cruise in December and no one said "oh gee" you go ahead of these folks. What does the Sea Rover band look like?

7 minutes ago, Wildcatllamas said:

That is interesting. I have the Sea Blazer wrist band that was mailed to me following my cruises in 2021. It is purple with a silver colored medallion that is engraved with SB. I wore it when I went on my cruise in December and no one said "oh gee" you go ahead of these folks. What does the Sea Rover band look like?

those who have deep blue extras and therefore get the early boarding get a plain blue non-removable wristband to designate they have the priority boarding. This applies to anyone who has deep blue, sea blazer, rover or other.

the keepsake band for sea blazer is just a keepsake.

• Like 1

@jon81uk thanks for the clarification. I did get the blue wristband. After the first day I did remove it. Everyone at the coffee shop knew me. I did move my medallion portion of my wristband to my sea blazer one because I just like purple better. Several of the employees commented on how unique it was.

18 minutes ago, Wildcatllamas said:

@jon81uk thanks for the clarification. I did get the blue wristband. After the first day I did remove it. Everyone at the coffee shop knew me. I did move my medallion portion of my wristband to my sea blazer one because I just like purple better. Several of the employees commented on how unique it was.

I’ve done the same and used the purple one. I also only wore the blue one for the first few days for the drink party and the boarding .

• Like 1

I removed the extra bands after boarding.  Everything else you need is encoded in your red band, and those ribbon bands just get in the way of food, etc.  I kept it in my pocket for a couple days, but never needed it.  Cocktail party had someone scanning our red bands.

• Like 2

I think it'll be really crummy of VV if they decide to demote people who are eligible now for DBE but don't meet their criteria starting in 2026. You'll see a lot of unhappy customers!

• Like 3