Rome transfers - one to avoid

Harters

Our travel agent had booked us a transfer from the port to Rome airport. It failed to turn up - in spite of speaking to the company once and the driver three times. First time, he said he was there (he wasnnt). Second time he said he'd be there in 5 minutes (he wasnt). Third time , he just shouted "taxi, taxi, taxi" (which we decided he meant he couldn't be arsed doing the job he'd been paid for and we should get a cab). So we did. It cost just under €200 on the cab meter. We had just enough cash to pay.

On the plus side, we've spoken to our TA today, who was very apologetic and is arranging a refund to us of the cab money.

Company to avoid - Samarcanda 

• Like 1

I think this is one area where getting input from frequent cruisers, especially ones who recently used the services is important. Not sure I'd trust a TA -- unless that TA fits the criteria above. Things can change rapidly in ports. One service I used to use reliably changed after Covid and is now more expensive and restrictive. Fortunately I was able to locate a new/better option.

10 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Not sure I'd trust a TA

Yes. Lesson learned.

I'd Googled the company and there was nothing to alert me that they were anything other than professional. Maybe it is the company, maybe it was just the driver. They'll obviously never get a second chance