H Cat Guaranteed Suite

I've heard people say they haven't had a cabin assignment until they're checking in, but most (many?) of us get them sometime in the week before sailing.

We've booked guarantees a few times and always have our assignment 3-5 days prior to embarkation if I remember correctly.  

We got ours last summer three days before boarding. We were an hour out from landing in Stockholm and the flight attendant had just woken me for breakfast. Seeing that we'd finally been assigned a cabin, and an upgrade, no less, was a very nice way to start the day.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 11:42 AM, Marylebone37 said:

Once an assignment is made (in my case, about 3 weeks before sailing), do they ever change it again even closer to departure/day of embarkation?  Just curious?

I hesitate to say 'never' but I wouldn't think they'd do that - at least, I've never heard of them doing that.  Upgrade(sell) offers may come forth, but I don't think they'd just arbitrarily move you.

1 hour ago, UUNetBill said:

I hesitate to say 'never' but I wouldn't think they'd do that - at least, I've never heard of them doing that.  Upgrade(sell) offers may come forth, but I don't think they'd just arbitrarily move you.

Thanks very much. No upgrade offers, and the cruise is definitely sold out. But got a double upgrade already from the Guarantee. So all good. 

• Like 2