OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE

On 5/1/2024 at 6:33 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

I write about this happening all the time and people here do not believe me. On our cruise last week there was a group we saw only once in the YC restaurant

I believe you.  We too saw a large generational family with young children on our last night in the YC restaurant.  We cruised during a week when there were very few (maybe one?) children in YC.  We were out and about and, on the pool deck each day, stayed onboard for all but one port and got to know most of our fellow YC'ers by sight, if not by chatting.  Had never seen this family (they took up a pretty big table), especially not the children.  Our thought is that grandma & grandpa were YC guests and somehow wrangled the rest of the fam into the YC restaurant for the final night's festivities.

• Thanks 1

We've seen interlopers also twice on our cruise in Oct. 23 on Meraviglia to NE & Canada.

One time for Breakfast and one time for Dinner. In both cases it were Familys with kids. This is not an example of good education if the parents trying to betray in front of their children.

It is not an american phenomenon only, but in europe the staff is better aware because of the daily changes of paxes in every port, therefore they ask more about cc or wristbands.

Once i asked an elder lady that tried.to sneak in behind us if i could help her to the Concierge....she turned on her heels and went out of YC-Area. 

We dont like interlopers because they are betrayals, we all pay for being YC-Pax and they try to get it for free on a low fare. That is not fair...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

P.S. I posted this before, but it's so good I felt I should post this again.

We didn't know how good was MSC Yacht Club until we tried some other cruise lines. Reminds me of a quote. "We traveled among unknown men, in (ships) beyond the sea; nor (MSC )! did we know til now what love we bore to thee." Wordsworth

Its like Churchill's description of democracy, " the others are so much worse."

• Like 2

9 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

P.S. I posted this before, but it's so good I felt I should post this again.

We didn't know how good was MSC Yacht Club until we tried some other cruise lines. Reminds me of a quote. "We traveled among unknown men, in (ships) beyond the sea; nor (MSC )! did we know til now what love we bore to thee." Wordsworth

Its like Churchill's description of democracy, " the others are so much worse."

We are currently on the seashore. It is fantastic.our butler and junior butler can not do enough for us. On the first morning I drank 2 cups of English tea in the room. When coming back from breakfast I saw them and mentioned I need more. They said we already took care of it after we saw you had drank it. I went in the cabin and there was a plate full of English tea bags on the counter. 

• Like 5

On 4/22/2024 at 5:14 PM, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Can you post a pic of the refreshment cart? What was available?

Had some free time last night and went back over what I wrote and if there was anything I missed to answer. Sure enough I missed your question. Here is your photo of the drink cart. If one is in the Yacht Club and desires something just ask and if it is on board the accommodating YC staff will get it.

IMG_3919.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Had some free time last night and went back over what I wrote and if there was anything I missed to answer. Sure enough I missed your question. Here is your photo of the drink cart. If one is in the Yacht Club and desires something just ask and if it is on board the accommodating YC staff will get it.

IMG_3919.jpg

That's great.