Did we make a mistake?

6 hours ago, doghog said:

Obviously at the time.

No doubting for a nanosecond you didn't have problems. When was your cruise?

A while ago.

Do you really believe what you experienced still is a problem? I don't. 

We've had similar problems on other Princess ships and over the  years I've read other people in the same cabin complain the same thing. Sometimes there's just design problems on some ships that can't be corrected.

I also would like to hear from any cruisers that has been or is in C602 on the Caribbean Princess since your cruise. 

So would I. 

See above. 

19 hours ago, EbayCruiser said:

Thanks for all the replies.  If we go on Utopia, it will just be me & my daughter.  Niece & her friend are staying with the Princess cruise.

I am so back & forth, with the reserve package Princess is almost twice the price for just 2 more nights.  We have a mini suite on Princess but could not get a Jr. Suite for a good price so we will have a ocean view balcony on Utopia but we won’t be in the room very much.

We are now leaning towards Utopia!

Drop the extra price for Reserve Class. You will be fine eating in MDR or other venues with your friends. The minisuites are very nice.

We got off the enchanted princess this morning and boarded the Caribbean princess 90 minutes later.  We had sailed on the Caribbean 4 times previously (all before COVID).  Our last 6-8 cruises have all been on royal class princess ships. 

So, today was a step back in time. We had forgotten the layout of this ship.  We will of course enjoy this cruise, but there is certainly no wow factor.  We snickered at the very outdated bathroom in the room.  The walls are very thin and we can hear everything around us.  Venues are all much smaller, but of course there are also fewer on board.  There are some musty smells in certain areas.  The buffet has significantly less choice.  There are no usb outlets in the room and only 2 plugs (both very close together so that an adaptor covers both when plugged in).  The door to our room is slightly warped.  

We would sail on this ship again if itinerary was right, but all things being equal or nearly so, we would choose to sail on a royal class or sun class princess ships over the Caribbean Princess or any of her sister ships.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mud_Shark said:

We got off the enchanted princess this morning and boarded the Caribbean princess 90 minutes later.  We had sailed on the Caribbean 4 times previously (all before COVID).  Our last 6-8 cruises have all been on royal class princess ships. 

So, today was a step back in time. We had forgotten the layout of this ship.  We will of course enjoy this cruise, but there is certainly no wow factor.  We snickered at the very outdated bathroom in the room.  The walls are very thin and we can hear everything around us.  Venues are all much smaller, but of course there are also fewer on board.  There are some musty smells in certain areas.  The buffet has significantly less choice.  There are no usb outlets in the room and only 2 plugs (both very close together so that an adaptor covers both when plugged in).  The door to our room is slightly warped.  

We would sail on this ship again if itinerary was right, but all things being equal or nearly so, we would choose to sail on a royal class or sun class princess ships over the Caribbean Princess or any of her sister ships.

I am on the Ruby now and we have 6 outlets in a suite but no USB. Luckily we travel with a device that lets us charge 5 USB devices at one time

12 cruises on Princess. First on Star 2007.  Cruised Grand and Royal class ships. Caribbean Princess was always the ship everyone talked about. Finally sailed her 2-18-24.

Book with confidence. One of the best of 12. Service and dining excellent. Diamond in the rough