NCL Internet Package Upgrade Question?

Hello Everyone,

I have a FAS internet package that includes 150 minutes each for the 2 guests in my cabin.

My question is - What is my best option to upgrade the internet?

Pre-cruise I can upgrade it for $15 per day for unlimited wifi and $25 per day for unlimited premium wifi.

I've also read about people trading their 150 minutes for credit then upgrading to unlimited internet on the 2nd day(thus saving paying for 1 day of internet).   Is this option still available?  If so, where do you trade in your minutes?

Also, I do realize that the onboard upgrade daily rate would probably be $30 and $40 but it might be cheaper if I could get credit for the 150 minutes.

Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)

I have not experienced a case where you can trade in your minutes.  On my just completed Prima cruise I upgraded on day three of an 11 day cruise.  I had used 60 of my 150 minutes.  The upgrade offer I accepted at day three was:  $100 off of $269 so paid $169 for premium WIFI for 8 days.  Upgraded only one of our accounts.  The cost goes down each day.  Note on day 1 the offer was $100 off whatever the full price was.  Aslo Prima has starlink so the streaming WIFI was always usable.

Edited by davencl
  • Thanks 1

I believe the upgrade pre-cruise accounts for trading in the FAS minutes.

9 hours ago, davencl said:

I have not experienced a case where you can trade in your minutes.

I have.  This was day 2 of a 15-day cruise.  The $145 is the value of the 300 minutes FAS package.

image.thumb.png.59df8d35cad67442f98c45d50b8cac8a.png

47 minutes ago, hallux said:

I believe the upgrade pre-cruise accounts for trading in the FAS minutes.

I have.  This was day 2 of a 15-day cruise.  The $145 is the value of the 300 minutes FAS package.

image.thumb.png.59df8d35cad67442f98c45d50b8cac8a.png

Yes I guess in this context I did trade in my minutes as the new package deleted these minutes. In my case I already had used minutes so didn't think of it this way.

Great info everyone.  I'm on a 4 day cruise so I'm not expecting a huge discount offer on day 2.  Anyone's best guess what the offer might be on day 2? and the value of the 150 minutes?

Thanks again.