Quebec City Overnight on Emerald Princess ?

mbglib

Hi, I have a b2b planned from Boston to Quebec City and back in Aug/Sept on the Emerald Princess.  On the nights in Quebec City, will the ship have a required onboard time or is one allowed to come and go at will?  Thank you.

On 4/19/2024 at 9:16 PM, mbglib said:

On the nights in Quebec City, will the ship have a required onboard time or is one allowed to come and go at will?

The ship essentially is a floating hotel in these situations-- the gangway is manned 24/7 and you can come and go as you please until the all aboard time for your day of departure which will be listed at the gangway. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

The ship essentially is a floating hotel in these situations-- the gangway is manned 24/7 and you can come and go as you please until the all aboard time for your day of departure which will be listed at the gangway. 

Thank you.

On 4/22/2024 at 7:13 AM, princeton123211 said:

Do you happen to know how they handle disembarkation if there’s an overnight that ends at 6 AM the next morning?  Do you need to wait until 6 AM or can you get off earlier?  
We’d like to get the 8AM train out of Quebec City to Montreal, but don’t want to cut it too close. 

12 hours ago, Birdnutty said:

Do you happen to know how they handle disembarkation if there’s an overnight that ends at 6 AM the next morning?  Do you need to wait until 6 AM or can you get off earlier?  
We’d like to get the 8AM train out of Quebec City to Montreal, but don’t want to cut it too close. 

Check with the Purser's Desk but you clear Immigration when the ship arrives the day before so there should be no formalities leaving as early as you want so long as you are willing and able to carry off your own bags. 

The Gare du Palais, where VIA trains depart for Montreal, is only a 10-15 minute walk or a very, very short 3-4 minute Uber ride. You won't need to disembark at 6am to make an 8am train and not cut it close. The train station itself is tiny and easy to navigate. Personally, even being overly cautious, I wouldn't leave until at least 7am. 

Oh Thank You!!  That is exactly what I needed to know.  Now I can purchase train tickets without worrying if I chose the right time or not.  Eliminates much of the uncertainty. Thanks again!

Edited by Birdnutty