Best viewing spots on Sapphire Princess

Random00

Would loved to have had a balcony cabin but choose to sacrifice in order to do some amazing excursions. My question is ... where is the best spot on the ship to enjoy the scenery on cruising days and in Glacier Bay or College Fjords. Is there somewhere special that we can get a spot with a table or chairs to relax with a drink, preferrably out of the wind?

Yes there are several places. There are tables and chairs inside Horizon Court next to windows and some just outside the entrance to Horizon Court. The ones outside Horizon Court are out of the wind, but can still be cold. Another place is inside the conservatory on the upper deck above the pool. Also out of the wind but you are limited to just seeing scenery on the side of ship on which you are sitting. Better viewing is up on the Sports Deck, but you are out in the elements. There are some glass panels at the very front of the ship (next to tennis court) to help block the wind, but the panels can obstruct your view if wet with rain drops. No table or chairs in this area.There are other places inside in common areas with seating next to windows, but again limited to the side of ship you can view from. Hope this helps.

When are you going?

Key with securing any inside space is to be there EARLY. These areas are long filled early morning and stay that way all day. If you can handle it, superior is a front deck viewing, with proper attire. In May, be sure to have a good pair of wide angle binoculars, and keep scanning the shorelines, in Glacier Bay, chance of brown bears. And early early am, if you want a chance to see humpbacks, be out at dawn (assuming you have an early Glacier Bay day?) again with a good pair of wide angle binoculars.

Thanks for the tips ... I do intend to be out on deck a lot. But would like to find a good viewing spot to sit and relax as well. I am going to check out what binoculars we have as I may want to get a new pair.

Archived