Vista PH 11015 - noisy?

janelledocb

We ended up on the Vista after our Riviera cruise was cancelled even though we vowed never to risk sailing on Vista due to reports of inadequate soundproofing between rooms.  Wondering if anyone has had noise issues in Vista PH1 11015?  We need to figure out how many white noise machines to bring with us!!!

I would encourage everyone to email Oceania to request they spray foaming insulation between the walls or somehow fix the issue.  We found Oceania contact info via Elliott dot org.  No one sailing on a cruiseline such as Oceania should have to hear their neighbor's conversations or tv.  And I don't wish for my neighbors to hear my conversations either, LOL!.  My goodness, will we have to whisper to each other the whole time 😄???

• Like 2

Have not been in that cabin, but encourage you to go on the cruise with a positive attitude. Would not bring a white noise machine when you can download and use white noise app on your phone. You may be lucky and have quiet neighbors. We spent 27 nights on Vista...two different cruises, had some difficulty with neighboring tvs. Will likely avoid Vista in the future, but I encourage you to think positive and use white noise apps and open your balcony door and use the ocean to add white noise.

• Like 1

We are currently happily settled in PH 11033.  Not a peep have we heard since sailing from Civitavecchia on 11 April.  The suite is quiet, comfortable, and perfectly situated almost opposite the Executive Lounge for an early morning wake-up tea or coffee.  The central elevators are also very near.  There is what some may consider “noise” occasionally, as the pool deck above is attended to, but it’s hardly worth mentioning, as the movement is indistinct and distant.  My only niggle is the too-soft bed.  I recall Oceania beds through our many voyages as being very comfortable.  This new bed is not denying us a good night’s sleep, but sitting up in bed or turning over through the night is quite a challenge.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mareblu said:

We are currently happily settled in PH 11033.  Not a peep have we heard since sailing from Civitavecchia on 11 April.  The suite is quiet, comfortable, and perfectly situated almost opposite the Executive Lounge for an early morning wake-up tea or coffee.  The central elevators are also very near.  There is what some may consider “noise” occasionally, as the pool deck above is attended to, but it’s hardly worth mentioning, as the movement is indistinct and distant.  My only niggle is the too-soft bed.  I recall Oceania beds through our many voyages as being very comfortable.  This new bed is not denying us a good night’s sleep, but sitting up in bed or turning over through the night is quite a challenge.

Based on our experience on Vista in March, we agree with both of your points, Linda.  However, we were in 11069 and I would describe the deck noise from above as a bit louder than you described but I chalk that up to different room locations on deck 11.  Neither problem would make us hesitate to sail on Vista again.  Far more troubling to me was the lack of coffee and light morning snacks in Horizon.  I do love to sit, sip, and try to wake up in the mornings while looking out over the waves.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hanoverian said:

Based on our experience on Vista in March, we agree with both of your points, Linda.  However, we were in 11069 and I would describe the deck noise from above as a bit louder than you described but I chalk that up to different room locations on deck 11.  Neither problem would make us hesitate to sail on Vista again.  Far more troubling to me was the lack of coffee and light morning snacks in Horizon.  I do love to sit, sip, and try to wake up in the mornings while looking out over the waves.    

Hi Don, and yes, I couldn’t agree more about coffee in Horizons at an early hour.  It would make so much sense to be able to enjoy this facility with an open coffee bar.  It would spread the Barista crowd, and make full use of the panoramic view from a large, comfortable venue.  We were granted full barista service for our M&M the other day, but that was from 11.00am.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 8:38 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

This post may be of interest to you:

Rumor has it that foam is coming to the rescue this summer.

"Foam to the rescue" 😄  Love it!  I hope so and that is what I asked Oceania to do when I emailed them - spray away!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you all for your helpful responses.  Our room is not under the pool deck so I don't think we will hear any deck chairs and it is reassuring to hear that at least some rooms on deck 11 do not have to hear their neighbors conversations.  We haven't tried the white noise app but will see how it works.  We are used to the actual white noise machines and they work well for us so I think we will just haul them across the ocean with us to be safe 🙂 Glad folks are enjoying their time on the ship right now and I love the idea of being able to easily pop into the executive lounge in the morning for a cup of joe.  We are still looking forward to our first Oceania cruise!

• Like 1

@janelledocb

We were in 11021 and I would consider 11015 to be in a great location as ours was not noisy. You would be under the Oceania Suites so guests above and below. We have sailed in similar rooms on Marina and Riviera and they have always been great. Go and enjoy.

Mauibabes

• Like 2