Question for AOV - Inclusions

We are considering an extended voyage in a B1 balcony and were hoping you could clarify a few items for us.

I see there is no self serve laundry on the ship. Is any laundry included for those that are not travelling in a suite? If there is no inclusion do you provide a bag wash service or is it by the piece and if so could you provide some idea of the costs.

Are included alcoholic drinks available at any time? Is there any restrictions on service during port days or outside meal times when sailing outside of the polar regions? Any chance you could post a copy of what's included plus the premium list even if it is an example.

I see 1mb of data is included. Is this per person per sailing? Do you anticipate that limits maybe altered to unlimited at some time in the future due to the advancement of technology?

I have noticed people on this thread commenting that there is a fairly limited room service menu for those not in suites, we are not big uses of room service but occasionally like a hamburger or something along those lines. Any chance you could share a copy of the current room service menu?

Thanks in advance 😃 

Posted (edited)

I think I can at least answer, partially, some of your questions based on my experience with them on a January Antarctic sailing.

1) Yes, suites get a couple of free laundry services (I was in a suite). I understand, based on discussions with other passengers, that it was available to them on a per-item charge. It was a bit expensive, like $5 for a shirt or something. They provide a form you fill out with all the items to be washed and a price list. I may have a copy of it, let me look and I'll post a pic if I can find it.

2) Alcohol was available pretty much anytime the bar was open, which started around 8:00AM until well past midnight on our cruise. On our Antarctic expedition, there was a "no drinking" policy if you were going on the shore landings or zodiac cruise, and the bartended would inquire if you were going on one of these excursions - he wouldn't refuse to serve but did remined you couldn't go if you've had a drink.

3) The 1mb data really sucks. I read a few months ago they updated their wifi capabilities on the ships and were exploring the idea of increased or unlimited amounts, but there has been no official word that I have seen to indicate they have done so yet, or when. The 1mb is PER DEVICE/PER PERSON. So, you and a travelling companion can sign up one device each for example, and each of those devices would have a 1mb limit respectively. FWIW, I didn't use any wifi on my trip; my GF blew through her limit in a few days; and an unknowing passenger got a huge shock halfway through the trip when she unknowingly went up to something like 10mb of usage (they did make an adjustment for her, but still a big bill).

4) I'll see if I can find a copy of the room service menu, again we were booked in a suite and I think they had a bit of an "expanded" menu. However, some other passengers in regular cabins did avail themselves to room service meals. The most popular was their hamburger, which was excellent! I think just about everyone on my cruise eventually got a room-service hamburger once word got out about how good they are. Indeed, we dined in the room a few times just for the hamburgers! My GF had a simple breakfast once (don't recall exactly what) but did note that it was very good.

Things may be different depending on the region you are planning to cruise, but overall, I must say we had an outstanding trip with them, and we are considering sailing again with them, perhaps one of their cruises that does a lap of Iceland.

Edited by Michael_A
  • Thanks 1