Which Itinerary

hazeleyez3

We are treating my father who had many business trips in China and Japan (and always talked about how much he liked it) to a cruise around Asia. We will be joining him.  My dad is just happy to go, and has no preference on where the ship docks. While I know a land trip would be ideal, we think a cruise giving us a little taste of different countries would be easier and a bit more relaxing.  

We are strongly leading to a back to back on Spectrum of the Seas or Ovation of the Seas.  We are diamond on RC.

They second leg of each option goes to the same ports, but Spectrum is there a bit longer.  We both like the sound of Seoul and Okinawa.  Spectrum we would be able to spend days in Shanghai after the cruise.  Ovation we could still have time in Shanghai but it would be at the start, But we could also have a day in Beijing. 

Could someone familiar with Asian cruises please share your thoughts?

IMG_2702.jpeg

IMG_2707.jpeg

IMG_5484.png

IMG_5485.png

There is nothing relaxing to me about a RCCL cruise especially since both ships you mentioned would have over 4000 passenger capacity. I much prefer a smaller ship for a relaxing itinerary. This is just my personal opinion.

Okinawa is very tropical like Hawaii with some interesting sites related to World War II

Fukuoka is a more traditional area of Japan, but sites to see in Kushu would be Nagasaki, Beppu and Kamakura.

Seoul has a lot of historical sites, more than Busan.