New Seabourn survey

mraven

If anyone books onto the cruise with the brand and marketing manager, could you please lobby for a complete overhaul of the website to make it more useful for planning?

Cheers

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

If I am correct Seabourn appointed a new VP of Marketing at the end of last year. This probably explains a survey to help understand the Brand positioning and how to respond to increased competition from the likes of Explora Ritz,Scenic,Virgin.

It was probably naive not to anticipate that "actions have consequences and a large survey amongst loyalist and frequent users, would cause alarm and be something of an own goal .It is probably machiavellian to suggest that one of Seabourn's new competitors commissioned the survey! These internet surveys are cheap way of reaching existing customers .

The last attempt to change the way  Seabourn operated(focusing on cost reduction) under Josh Leibowitz was a near disaster. The hurried return of Richard Meadows(someone who really understands the Brand was inspired ) but I sense his services are no longer being used.

Seabourn would be mad to abandon leadership of the super premium segment which has taken a long time to build as the period post covid demonstrated

• Like 2

But what would the Executives have to put in their CV when they move on? 😩

Accountability for actions only occurs when you stay on for outcomes to be realised. Not the way of the modern world unfortunately.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, adoctor said:

If I am correct Seabourn appointed a new VP of Marketing at the end of last year. This probably explains a survey to help understand the Brand positioning and how to respond to increased competition from the likes of Explora Ritz,Scenic,Virgin.

What?  Virgin Cruises has no business being mentioned as being in competition with the Ritz Yachts, nor Explora or Scenic for that matter.  Carnival, would be more likely.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I can only say that after having said “No” to every proposal, I wanted a chance to refute their implied thought process. However, as mentioned earlier, no space was provide. 

So if you’re listening Seabourn, any change to reduce the “All inclusive” format will drive me to another premium cruise line. 

Don’t do it!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, jscheff said:

So if you’re listening Seabourn, any change to reduce the “All inclusive” format will drive me to another premium cruise line.

Agree. Additionally, any change to increase the All Inclusive format (eg, including excursions and/or flights) would likewise strongly discourage me from booking any more cruises.

• Like 4